Skip navigation

CS4 Installation Problems

Apr 28, 2009 9:02 PM

Latest reply: Nick_U, Jan 20, 2011 4:29 PM
Replies 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 23, 2008 11:36 PM   in reply to (Jerry_Reynolds)
    i am also unable to install on vista ultimate. I have updated my windows but still the CS4 setup says please update your windows and you must have service pack 1.

don't know what to do?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2009 7:45 AM   in reply to (Jerry_Reynolds)
    Unfortunately I can add on to the installation issue with my sad story.
    I bought CS4 brand new at the beginning of December and could not install it without error until today. I made several attempts, all on XP prof. machines with at least 2 GB RAM, more than 50 GB free hard disk space and SP3. I did run the installation process all together at least 20 times or so and it always ended up in errors. Adobe support suggests insufficient user rights but I always installed as administrator. I also created new users with administrator rights. Nothing helped. I tried the installation process at least 3 times on 3 different complete new installed pcs with nothing on it than the operating system and SP3 - ended like before: in errors.
    And the error messages are also very poor, e.g. "Error 2 - contact Adobe support". When you contact Adobe support it takes at least a day to get an answer - during weekends even longer. OK, but I own these - very expensive - DVDs for more than a month now and still have no working product. Not to mention the hours and hours I spent to get the installation to work.
    I guess like me everyone will think at first there might be something wrong with his machine or that perhaps another software interfers. But after all these attempts on different machines with from the scratch new installed XP OS I am absolutely sure that it is the poorest installation routine I ever saw in my life. I am very frustrated now and thinking of returning this buggy product.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2009 8:07 AM   in reply to (Jerry_Reynolds)
    Anne, in your story you don't mention if you ever tested the actual discs from which you are installing. It sounds possible that they might be corrupted (which is quite common, sadly). To check this you should try to copy the entire contents of all of them to your local computer. If that doesn't work, there's either a problem with the discs, your optical drive, or the drive's installation.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2009 9:15 PM   in reply to (Jerry_Reynolds)
    Having no luck installing CS4 Design Standard. Just got it today and have been monkeying around since 8am. It's now midnight... :( I've tried all the suggestions I've seen here, turned off just about everything in MSCONFIG that I could, tried a couple more suggestions I found in the KB, and downloaded and ran the installer cleanup... but nothing works... we get to about 90% of an install and it hangs. Whats worse and I haven't seen anyone mention this, is that when i try to UNINSTALL CS4 the uninstaller does hangs too! The installer cleanup doesn't find any "sessions" that need to be cleaned, and the log file generated gives me an error code of 2136 but the description is vague at best...

[ 2136] Mon Jan 05 23:19:53 2009 ERROR
    Log of: object
    isRunning {string}: 0
    percentComplete {string}: 100
    message {object}: [object Object]
    Log of: object
    code {string}: 0
    args {object}: [object Object]

[ 2136] Mon Jan 05 23:27:04 2009 INFO

I downloaded and ran the adobe installed AdobeSupportAdvisor which wasn't anymore helpful since it couldn't figure out what this error means either.

Anyone from Adobe able to give any insight here?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2009 11:47 PM   in reply to (Jerry_Reynolds)
    try67
    No, I don´t think the DVDs are corrupted, the installation process itself runs without suspicious errors or messages in that way. And I also have experienced different errors at the end. One type of error I even have eliminated by checking through the forums and FAQs. It was related to an old MSXML which I have updated and now there are "only" error messages left about language files that could not be copied.
    And I am not running Vista but plain "old" XP Professional on my own PC with all rights I can have and with the latest SP.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2009 5:36 AM   in reply to (Jerry_Reynolds)
    The solution is very simple:
    Step1: go to the directory C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installers and find the file (WinZip) "Adobe..log.gz
    Unzip and read it (very large - 3000 lines) and find all words "error".
    Almost at the end of this log you will probably find that the Installer cannot find the directory SharedDocuments.
    Step2: Create subdirectory "Shared Documents" (with the space!!!) within directory Public. With permissions for Administrator.
    Step3: reinstall.

I have tested this procedure under Vista Home Premium and works perfectly.
    Nothing is necessary under Vista Ultimate. This OS redirects the Installer requirement to another subdirectory, which exists within the OS.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2009 6:36 AM   in reply to (Jerry_Reynolds)
    Found errors but nothing to do with "Shared Documents" just references to the installers folder and this subfolder "faf656ef605427ee2f42989c3ad31b8", e.g.,

] File: error.html, Directory: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\faf656ef605427ee2f42989c3ad31b8\resources\comm on\error\, Size: 5441
    [ 2860] Tue Jan 06 06:29:08 2009 INFO

Can I delete this folder and reinstall?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2009 7:00 AM   in reply to (Jerry_Reynolds)
    Slavomir, if you adressed my posting - that seems not to be the fault (this time). There are no error messages in conjunction with SharedDocuments. But I could imagine your suggestion would be very helpful for others.
    I have found errors like this ones:

5000 Copying file "Z:\Adobe CS4\extensions\AdobeFlash10-de_DELanguagePack\Assets\_2497_2a30ae97d4 f71680c4f7a5b82230bcfc" to "C:\Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\Adobe\Help\de_DE\Flash\10.0_Welcome\images\w.gif"
    5000 Copied
    [ 980] Thu Jan 01 23:45:41 2009 INFO
    Calling ARKCAPSWritePayloadDataCommand.
    [ 980] Thu Jan 01 23:45:41 2009 DEBUG
    Committing prior actions...
    [ 980] Thu Jan 01 23:45:41 2009 ERROR
    5001 Error committing command ARKCAPSWritePayloadDataCommand
    [ 980] Thu Jan 01 23:45:41 2009 DEBUG

Would you suggest then to create the complete directory, that is seen there, too?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2009 7:17 AM   in reply to (Jerry_Reynolds)
    Ann,

What language are you trying to install? Those errors look like a German localization.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2009 8:25 AM   in reply to (Jerry_Reynolds)
    Peter,
    that´s right. It´s in german.
    Should hopefully be no problem - OS is in German an the CS4 package, too.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2009 8:25 AM   in reply to (Jerry_Reynolds)
    Tried renaming the folder "faf656ef605427ee2f42989c3ad31b8" and reinstalling. The installation created a new folder but still hung at around 90%. Solutions in this forum working for others, is not for me. Lame software release!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2009 8:57 AM   in reply to (Jerry_Reynolds)
    Anne,

Good. Just trying to eliminate one possible problem.

Darrell, and anyone else having an issue with hanging,

Have you tried copying the DVDs to the desktop or other hard drive location? My first attempt at installing CS3 a couple of years ago hung that way and it turned out to be the DVD drive (which was brand new). It was failing to read a single file, but the installer never threw an error. I discovered the problem while trying to copy the disk to my hard drive for a "desktop install" and Windows threw up the "unable to copy" error.

I put my old drive back in the system and the installation went smoothly. It seems that DVD drives (and perhaps the disks, too) can be very finicky about alignment, and what works in one drive may not work in another.

Peter

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2009 7:45 PM   in reply to (Jerry_Reynolds)
    Yes.. copied dvd to the hard drive, tried createing a new user on vista, tried unregistering msiexec.com... on and on... here it's day 5 and still can't get past 90%

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2009 9:15 PM   in reply to (Jerry_Reynolds)
    There is a happy ending to my misery, but shame on you Adobe support personnel and principal scientist for suggesting totally inaccurate procedures for the solution. My common sense prevailed and did not listen to the "oh, so certain of himself" support person that I had to UNINSTALL EVERYTHING ON MY COMPUTER MADE BY ADOBE. You are full of it! And you know with what. I was not about to uninstall my complete CS3 and cripple my ability to work.

I tried several times to install CS4, my computer rebooting at some point on all of them. I called for tech support, language problems aside, the procedure was like Chinese torture. First person asked for my full ID, address, phone, serial number, my problem, etc. Then decided that I needed to talk to tech support. No kidding!

Then I spoke to the second person who asked me the same questions for the same information. Patiently I repeated them. Then she repeated my problem back to me, thank you. Then told me that she would connect me to the tech support person! I could speak to a royalty sooner than this, come ON Adobe. In any case, the tech support person told me that this was a DVD reader problem and that I should copy the CS4 directory from DVD 1 and 2 to my desktop and run the installation from there, and if I had any problems I should call back. He was half right, maybe even less much less. But where he was wrong, it was crucial and extremely frustrating. I patiently copied those directories (more than one hour), as you are probably guessing correctly by now, I had to rename one so that I could drag the second one to the desktop, Adobe CS4-1 and Adobe CS4.

Uninstalling all CS4, I restarted to install it again... Crash bang! Gone, computer rebooted. The persistent person that I am, after the computer restarted I uninstalled all CS4 again and made one more attempt. This time the installation did not even start. It came back with a "pleasant" message that "The installation for the following products failed" and listed all the components of Design Premium.

As suggested by the previous king, oh I mean the support person, I called the support number once more. I gave the case number and the guy at the other end told me that this is a known issue and I should uninstall all Adobe products and call back the next day. I told him that this did not sound reasonable as it would cripple my ability to do work, he insisted that it was the only way to install CS4.

Well, was he ever wrong.

I started thinking and reading the forum threads and other places where this issue was being discussed. This may surprise the principle scientist, there are hundreds of thousands of hits when I searched for "CS4 install problems". This should be great news for computer repair people as they all must have device failures! Yeah. One thing that kept grabbing my attention, the install process was not able to write to some directories and that could be the reason for the failure. I was running a Windows XP Pro system and the directory security was not drum tight. Except, those directories that were controlled by the MS IIS. I knew that the installer was probably not accessing those directories, but that gave me one glimmer of hope. Another thing I noticed was the complaint by the installer that Internet Explorer was running. In my case it complained that Firefox was running. SO WHAT, what is it to you? Could there be a relationship to the IIS?

I went ahead and uninstalled MS SQL and the IIS (for ColdFusion). Then I got the MS Install Cleaner and removed every line that had CS4 in it. I also terminated all the unnecessary applications, utilities, system tray crud and disabled the antivirus for a good measure (although the principle scientist said it should not matter). Then, I started the install from the desktop as instructed. Since the previous crashes happened at or near Adobe Media Player, I disabled that and started the process. It kept going, and going, and going... I jotted down the applications it installed and as their names appeared. This was exciting, it went further, and further, AND finished the first DVD (directory that is from my desktop.) Then it asked me to insert the second DVD into C:\ huh! I thought for sure if I clicked OK, it would ask me to point to where it was. Nooooo. It insisted that I put the second DVD into C:\.

I was royally ticked off (polite substitute here) at the first guy who actually told me that I would point to the directory where the second DVD directory was. YOU WERE WRONG, man, wrong (and I am really restraining myself here). I tried copying one folder into the next, that did not work because of some directory collision. I tried switching their names, no way. I was panicking that I would fail after having come this far. In a flash of inspiration, I moved the second CS4 directory to the C:\ and clicked on OK.

LO AND BEHOLD! The impossible happened. There was no other way of installing CS4 other than uninstalling everything Adobe. But the miracle was happening on my computer, the chosen one!

Now, Adobe people please read this carefully. All the events I describe here are true (case ID can be provided upon request to Adobe), they took over a three day period, on the same machine. If it had, as the principle scientist suggested, any hardware or driver problems should my install have succeeded? My scientific thinking tells me: NO.

So, please review all your stone walls, retrain your personnel, work better at making your software to be a good citizen of the computing world, and for goodness sake, stop being on the defensive ALL THE TIME. Accepting some responsibility for some of these problems could be cleansing for the soul.

I will post a less verbose version of my process on my blog tomorrow if you care to read it. http://www.keptlight.com/blog/

Note: Adobe, I like your products, use them, teach them, recommend them. But you need to come off the pedestal and meet with mere mortals, us. Your bread and butter.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2009 7:37 PM   in reply to (Jerry_Reynolds)
    I am a long time user of CS3. I own 3 Windows Licenses and 2 Mac Licenses. I ordered the Upgrade to CS4 (5 copies) from my reseller and I received an email with an Adobe Licensing web site URL and a single password. No disks. I am confused. Did I get the right stuff?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 10, 2009 4:57 AM   in reply to (Jerry_Reynolds)
    I have been trying to install Web Premium CS4 on my Windows Vista SP1 Home Premium setup and keep getting the same error message("setup error") almost immediately after clicking the install button. Any ideas what might be causing the error message?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 10, 2009 5:18 AM   in reply to (Chris_St.John)
    Doesn't sound that way. That's for volume purchases not single user
    upgrades.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 10, 2009 5:34 AM   in reply to (Jerry_Reynolds)
    Billy,

Was there any more to the error message? Without more detail it would be taking a shot in the dark to try to guess what the problem is.

Peter

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 11, 2009 10:12 AM   in reply to (Jerry_Reynolds)
    I continue to get "Error Code 1603" messages when trying to install CS4 Design Standard in Vista. (The installation fails every time.) I have already gone through the following steps:
    1) scanned hard drive for viruses, errors
    2) cleaned up Vista temp files
    3) uninstalled through Windows, ran Adobe Clean Up Script
    4) ran msconfig to reduce startup services
    5) ran CS4 install from desktop (instead of from DVD)
    6) disabled UAC
    7) disabled anti-virus, firewall during install
    8) Ran Adobe Support Advisor (no solutions found)

Have I missed anything? I've tried installing this about 5-6 times now and nothing works. I'd greatly appreciate any and all help. Thank you!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 11, 2009 1:46 PM   in reply to (Jerry_Reynolds)
    SUCCESS!

I called support, they were no help, their solution was to install it on another computer; I hung up without saying goodbye.

This has been a blessing in disguise as I ended up buying a pay version of Iobits Advanced System Care (ASC). After utilizing many of the tools in ASC my computer is noticeably faster and efficient; didn't solve the install problem though.

b Turns out Cemal Ekin's rant had the solution for me. "Went ahead and uninstalled MS SQL and the IIS (for ColdFusion). Then I got the MS Install Cleaner and removed every line that had CS4 in it." THANKS Cemal.

]1. Run MSCONFIG and set selective startup with no startup checked, and only Microsoft and Flexnet licensing service enabled; dont restart.
    ]2. Uninstall everything SQL
    ]3. Use MS Installer cleanup utility* to clean the registry. I had to run regedit and do a search for "CS4" as I found several items the utility didn't clean.
    ]4. Restart in selective mode now

Try installing, it worked flawlessly, no errors and I'm pleased with CS4 speed.

* http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/290301

Ciao
    Darrell Catmull

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2009 8:17 AM   in reply to (Jerry_Reynolds)
    Is there anyone getting windows error :1620 when installing CS4 Creative Suite Design Premium? I'm just about to getting crazy since yesterday. I can't install specially 4 programs : Photoshop, Flash, InDesign and Illustrator which I mostly need.

I use .iso files in order to install package as my dvd drive is broken. Do you think this point causes the error? Please help me!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2009 2:06 PM   in reply to (Jerry_Reynolds)
    Version: CS4 Master Suite

I, too, kept getting the BSOD during installation of the second disc. I copied all the discs to a desktop folder per one of the posted solutions, and that got me past the second disc. But the first time I ran the installation that way, it hung up on installing the disc 3 files. After that, the installation routine just reported an error, and suggested that I use the Adobe Support Advisor, which I did, and which ended up reporting that I it could find no problem.

After some Web searching, I unchecked the "Enable write combining" option in Display Properties. After that, I could make it through the entire installation successfully. It may have been coincidence, but it's something to try if you're getting the BSOD during installation.

To get to this item, right-click on the desktop, click on Properties on the menu, click on the Settings tab, click the Advanced button, click on the Troubleshoot tab, and you'll find the item near the bottom. On my system, it was checked on, and I had installation success after I checked it off. You'll have to reboot afterwards in order for the change to take effect.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2009 6:13 PM   in reply to (Jerry_Reynolds)
    I believe a search and manual deletion of all Creative Suite references in the registry, of products you are not using, or are replacing, will provide you with favorable results.

You should consider temporarily uninstalling any SQL databases too. Those two things worked for me.

Ciao
    Darrell Catmull

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2009 6:31 PM   in reply to (Jerry_Reynolds)
    I wonder if Adobe Installer sets up a MiniSQL DB to facilitate copy protection and module integration. If it does, could that clash with MS-SQL and/or IIS? I believe Adobe uses Bonjour, and possibly a proxy service. There is also the FNPLicensingService.exe withouth which Adobe products do not run.

I wish Adobe, or someone who knows the innards of the OS could say something about this problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2009 2:08 PM   in reply to (Jerry_Reynolds)
    Every time I start to install adobe masterpack cs4 , while it is installing My computer will blue screen every time I try it . Please Help!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 21, 2009 12:15 AM   in reply to (collerp)
    I advise starting a new thread and including some details. Even a lot if
    you can. OS and hardware for example. Space on hard disk, ram, processor
    etc. At what point it blue screens.

Having said that, a blue screen death usually indicates and underlying
    problem not associated with the software you are installing.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 21, 2009 7:50 AM   in reply to (Jerry_Reynolds)
    BSOD indeed may be caused by an underlying problem. However, for a computer that has been functioning without any problems until Adobe installer is run, and that the computer fails the same way after repeated attempts, attributing this to an underlying problem is not very reasonable. My system that crashed and rebooted every time I attempted to install CS4 had been running flawlessly for quite some time. And it continues to do so after I resolved my Adobe installer problems my way, as I documented on my Web site and on this forum. Adobe installer pulls the trigger of a gun, possibly even loads it, then Adobe blames the bullet for killing the victim.

I am sure this problem will be fixed, but until then the various forums all over the Internet, including the Adobe support will be inundated with this sort of posts.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 21, 2009 8:32 AM   in reply to (Jerry_Reynolds)
    Okay, so I've got an issue that I'm not sure can be fixed, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I purchased the CS4 30 day trial, and installed it on my external hard drive. Unfortunately, my hard drive has gone batty, and no computers will read it anymore.

So my goal was to reinstall the software onto my computer's hard drive instead, since it obviously wasn't going to run off of my external drive any longer.

The problem is that when I try to install it, the setup basically says that there's been a critical error, and to check the install log for solutions. So I did... and I downloaded the Adobe Support Advisor to help, but it found no solutions.

I have tried uninstalling the previous install, but that doesn't work obviously, and I've tried manually deleting files... which also doesn't work.

Is it possible to completely erase the previous download so that I can reinstall this on my computer, without going so far as formatting my hard-drive?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 21, 2009 8:57 AM   in reply to (Jerry_Reynolds)
    http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs4clean.html

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 28, 2009 10:18 AM   in reply to (Jerry_Reynolds)
    I registered just so as I can post this message. I stumbled upon this site as I was getting BSOD while installing CS4 Photoshop and I now have a solution (at least for my laptop running Vista Home Premium SP1) !!!

ADOBE MEDIA PLAYER IS THE CULPRIT - NOTHING ELSE !!!! (read on)

At first I started the install in morning and went away from laptop, only to find the logon screen 15 minutes later. I was confused and left for work. In evening I tried again (after un-installing all my partially installed CS4 components) and while the installation was going on I was doing some other work, I suddenly got the BSOD and computer re-booted. So I was not sure what caused BSOD but knew that something was wrong here. Checked up Web, came to this site and knew that it was Adobe installation playing dirty trick

I proceeded as follows - uninstalled CS4 PS(partially installed before BSOD), uninstalled total CS3 too (As I was not too keen on two apps). I used Your Uninstaller for this work so registry cleaning happened. I started installing CS4 PS again (Typical install) and this time I kept my eyes glued to the screen. Boom - the BSOD came again but this time I knew that it came as soon as ADOBE MEDIA PLAYER installation has begun. Rest was easy - uninstall CS4 again - reinstall in Custom mode - UNSELECT ADOBE MEDIA PLAYER - and everything went well. So no need to switch off AV (I have McAfee 2009 fully updated), no need to turn off UAC, no nothing....just DON'T INSTALL ADOBE MEDIA PLAYER.

So there you have it Adobe Geniuses. Go figure !!

I live in Bangalore India (guess might as well rub it in :-))

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 28, 2009 11:45 AM   in reply to (Jerry_Reynolds)
    Start your task manager and look under processes, if you see anything there for internet explorer or iexplore or anything like that, end the process and it should work fine :)

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 28, 2009 3:20 PM   in reply to (Jerry_Reynolds)
    Thanks to Cemal's post I've determined an approach that has allowed me to finally complete my installation of Adobe Web Premium CS4, having started it well over 6 weeks ago.

But first, I shall join the above disgruntled folks by voicing my extreme frustration with this installation process. I've owned every version of Illustrator since it first appeared as "Illustrator 88" and have been a user of Photoshop since it first appeared under that name having formerly been a bit of 35mm scan software called "Barney Scan." I've owned Macs and PCs and am old enough to have carnal knowledge of setting jumper pins on ISA boards in x486 PCs running Windows 3.1. This being said, I have never run into installation problems as severe as when I attempted to upgrade my Macromedia Studio 8 and Photoshop/Illustrator CS2 to the Web Premium CS4 on an XP Pro/SP3 Core2Duo PC.

The first issue concerned the DVDs which arrived scratched. With some cajoling, Adobe did send replacements. So far, ok.

I next attempted to install CS4, and as many people above have noted - it would get to approx. 90% on the first DVD and then freeze. I tried all posted options (uninstall and reinstall, uninstall and use of Adobe provided install clean-up script then reinstall) until I broke down to call Adobe support.

I took a deep breath and let the support folks cover all the ground I'd already covered. No help. I wrote down my case number and shook my head as I heard their only advice, "You'll have to uninstall ALL ADOBE APPLICATIONS - and the Macromedia Ones Too."

I tried one last round of uninstall, reinstall, Adobe install script, reboot, cursing and prayer. No option but to start uninstalling everything, disabling my production machine, and even uninstalling Adobe software (Captivate) that was not part of the CS4 installation.

Today I finally found the 3 hours to sit down and try the installation again, having removed all Adobe products from the machine.

The installation failed again, albeit differently.

I searched again on "Adobe CS4 Installation Problems" and found MANY new posts on the web since I started this process over a month ago. At least now I was not alone with these issues.

It was Cemal's posts above (and his very helpful blog posting on the subject) that provided me with one last option: Copy everything from the DVD to the hard drive and try installing it from there.

I do have SQL server installed on this machine (I do web development as well, so running SQL is not unusual, Adobe) - but thought I would try the HD install before further gutting my PC apps.

I created two folders on an auxilliary drive (my "M:\" drive) and copied the contents of the fist two DVDs into them. This took quite a while, but since there were no copy errors, I eliminated that as an issue.

I started the installation, which does run much quicker from the HD. When the installer asked for the 2nd DVD, I was puzzled as to why it couldn't find it having named the folders exactly what the DVD label was for each original disc. Then it occured to me that the installation was looking for information here:

M:\

not here:

M:\Adobe CS4 Web Premium Disc 2\

So, I moved the contents of the "disc 2" folder into the root of "M:\" and Zoom! Off went the installer with the rest of the process!

This installation still generated errors, and Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash failed to install.

I simply rebooted and started the process over again. I made sure that all the apps were checked for inclusion in the installation process and started the installation.

This time, since all the content for disc 2 was already in the root of the drive, it never asked for the rest of the information.

This is handy to know, although if we ever get to a 3-disc installation I'm not sure how that will work.

So, another thing for anyone stuck with a failing installation to try.

I now have functioning versions of Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash and everything else EXCEPT for Adobe Soundbooth which continues to fail the installation each time.

Hope this helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 30, 2009 11:55 AM   in reply to (Jerry_Reynolds)
    I think I read most of the posts here and my problem was a bit different so I'll record it here in case someone else has the same issue. I installed CS4 Production Premium Suite on Vista Home Premium, 64 bit.

First, I ran into the problem reported elsewhere where the Autorun script is incorrect on disks 2-4. I turned off autoplay for programs and games, uninstalled CS4 with Revo, and tried again, manually starting disk 1. At the end of disk 2 it threw a "Thank you" dialog as if it had finished, but of course none of the main apps had installed since they are on disks 3 and 4. I uninstalled again with Revo, unplugged from the network, turned off Mcafee, and performed a custom install, omitting Adobe media player as suggested elsewhere in this thread. This time the install went smoothly all the way through. I DO have SQL server, LightRoom2 and Photoshop CS2 installed on my pc, and didn't touch any of those. Knock on wood, all seems ok at the moment.

Jerry

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2009 8:40 AM   in reply to (Jerry_Reynolds)
    I was having the blue screen (Kernel_Stack..) error while installing the Design Premium suite. I couldn't even get half way through disc 1. I've tried all the suggestions mentioned for the past few days and no results. This morning after once again going removing everything that was able to be installed I decided to start over choosing the option of installing it as a Trial this time around. It worked flawlessly. It went through both discs with no problems at all. If nothing else works for you then I suggest giving the Trial install a try and just activating everything after that.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 10, 2009 4:21 PM   in reply to (Jerry_Reynolds)
    Gigi Lusuardi - Italy
    I have uninstalled Photoshop CS4. Now with a subsequent installation, leaving a popup error attributable to "setup.exe". What should I do?
    S.O. Windows XP with service pack 2.
    Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2009 5:48 AM   in reply to (Jerry_Reynolds)
    I am trying to install CS4 Master and when I get ready to install it says insufficient space needed for install which is 8.6GB for the full Collection I believe. On my main hard drive all I have is 1.5 GB left but on my other 2 hard drives I have 80+ GB worth of space on both. I change the location but it still says there is not enough space. Please help! What do I need to do?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2009 6:08 AM   in reply to (J_E_B)
    One post is enough.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2009 6:16 AM   in reply to (Jerry_Reynolds)
    You need to free space on the C:\ drive. All of the common components wind up there, no matter what location you tell the installer for the applications.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2009 6:28 AM   in reply to (Jerry_Reynolds)
    Thanks, sorry Bob didn't mean to post twice.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2009 3:06 PM   in reply to (Jerry_Reynolds)
    I just installed Photoshop CS4. The installation went without a hitch, but when I go to use Photoshop, I get the message: "Adobe Photoshop CS4 encountered a problem and needs to close" etc. I reinstalled it, but the same thing happened.

Error Signature is AppName: Photoshop.exe AppVer 11.0.0.0 ModName Photoshop.exe
    ModVer 11.0.0.0 Offset: 00060039

I don't know if that info will help. Can anyone out there help me?

Thanks.

Ron

|
    Mark as:
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)