Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How can I change computer authorization after two Adobe IDs have been merged together?

May 21, 2008 7:46 AM

This asks for your help!
How can I change computer authorization after two Adobe IDs have been merged together? Or how can I uninstall the software to get the opportunity for a new computer authorization (using the merged ID/new Adobe ID). Neither German Customer Service nor their technical peers could help and their idea to clean the registry and all the temp files did not work either......Pleaese help!!
Regards,
JGS

P.s. Up until now, I can not recommend to use the software and to buy expensive e-books.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 28, 2008 1:00 PM   in reply to (JGS)
    JGS,

Please provide me with your support (or customer service) case number and I'll ask someone to investigate.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
    Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player
    Adobe

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2008 10:55 AM   in reply to (JGS)
    Is there a resolution for this problem ? I have the same problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2008 6:12 AM   in reply to (JGS)
    Yes, I need to re-authorize my digital editions with the same email address I used to purchase the ebook for it to open. How can I change my authorization on digital editions to match the adobe account with that email?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2008 7:10 AM   in reply to (JGS)
    On Windows, your Adobe ID is stored in the registry - you can use Regedit, search for your Adobe ID, and regedit will find it for you - it's under HKEY_USERS\(some key)\Software\Adobe\Adept\Activation. You can just delete that entire key structure (under Activation) and then you can re-register.

HOWEVER, if anyone knows how to do this on a Mac I would really appreciate the info - i've looked everywhere, I think Digital Editions creates a hidden file somewhere to store it - I really need to change the ID on my Mac (it currently has the wrong one) to open an ebook licenced under my other name, it's driving me crazy that I can't find it, i've uninstalled at the Unix (Mac OS X) level, deleted profiles, etc etc

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2008 3:32 PM   in reply to (JGS)
    The clean way to deauthrorize your computer is to launch ADE, and then press Ctrl+Shift+D (Windows) or Cmd+Shift+D (Mac). After deauthorizing, you will be forced to reactivate/authorize when you next run ADE.

--
    Jim Lester
    Adobe Systems

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 29, 2011 11:31 AM   in reply to Jim Lester

Hi,

i have sold my old Laptop and have now a new one...how can i deauthorize my old computer (i want to be able to authorize 6 devices!)?

Regards

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2012 2:53 AM   in reply to (Tom_Jurenka)

Great! Problem solved!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)