Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

'Save for Web & Devices' selects multiple artboards - AI CS4

Nov 10, 2008 8:30 AM

I have a simple, two-artboard document (like the old FreeHand days!) but, when I go to 'Save for Web & Devices' to optimise it, the graphic from both pages appear as one optimised image. How can I get it to select only the artboard I am viewing?

Many thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 10, 2008 8:39 AM   in reply to Bob Trent
    In the Image Size tab in the Save for Web & Devices dialog, check the box marked Clip to Artboard. Then, only the active artboard will be loaded into the dialog.

:) Mordy

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2008 9:19 AM   in reply to Bob Trent
    Well, one way would be to create an artboard that's the size of your art. You can do this easily enough by choosing the Artboard Tool and clicking once on your artwork. Alternatively, you can define slices.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2008 4:23 PM   in reply to Bob Trent
    I wish save for the web and devices had the option to either save all, the art boards as individual files or a selection of range or sequence and the same for slices.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2008 4:30 PM   in reply to Bob Trent
    You can do it easily enough with Slices. I am actually working on writing up a detailed blog post about that...

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2008 5:42 PM   in reply to Bob Trent
    Got it the shift key and slice select tool from SFW&D

The last time you mentioned this I did not quite grasp what you were referring to but now it is clear.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)