Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Saving:  Create PDF Compatible File

Nov 18, 2008 11:34 AM

Is there a way to set up the default 'Save As' to have the 'Create PDF Compatible File' DEselected? (Illustrator CS3)

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 19, 2008 10:10 AM   in reply to W. Frost
    Don't think so, wish there was. It seems to happen on all new files. Not necessarily though on "Save As-es" (sounds a bit rude) if the original file was not pdf compatible.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2008 11:58 AM   in reply to W. Frost
    I saved this text from a thread here a few years ago. I used it successfully in AICS1, but haven't tried since.

Also if you hack the pref file in a text editor (BBEdit,) change the "PDFCompatibility 1" to "PDFCompatibility 0" and by default PDF compatibility will be unchecked for any new saves.
    "/aiFileFormat {
    /clipboardPSLevel 3
    /cmykPostScript 0
    /PDFCompatibility 0
    "
    Mike D.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2008 1:05 PM   in reply to W. Frost
    Remember that your new deflated AI files are only good in AI. You cannot place them in ID or open them in Acrobat.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2008 3:44 PM   in reply to W. Frost
    Wendy,
    Thanks but like I said I just copied that trick from somebody else. Unfortunately I forgot to save the name of the original poster, who really deserves the credit.
    Glad to know it still works.
    Mike D.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 11, 2009 9:49 AM   in reply to W. Frost
    but did you clear up how to make a default for having the creat compatible pdf checked ON. I have to resave over 12,000 files. I tried to run a batch action and it does not save the create pdf option.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2009 9:14 AM   in reply to W. Frost

On a Mac Users>(yourname)>Library>Application Support>Adobe>Adobe Illustrator CS3 or 4.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2009 10:28 AM   in reply to W. Frost

Sorry, I was thinking of the New Document Profiles. Try Users>(yourname)>Library>Preferences>Adobe Illustrator CS4 Settings.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)