Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Illustrator Not Responding

Feb 9, 2009 1:49 PM

After 10-15 minutes of using the application, Illustrator freezes, the cursor becomes the color wheel, Illustrator goes into Not Responding Mode, and the only way to fix the problem is to go through Finder to force quit the application. I have installed all CS3 up
dates, all Tiger updates, and have verified the hard drive. After the first time it happens, the problem becomes more frequent. I am using Illustrator a great deal for a school design project, and I am unable to get any work done due to this problem.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 9, 2009 2:11 PM   in reply to (Claire_Davis)
    First, how much space is left on your scratch disk? 10-15 minutes is a long time to be running before a crash...

Second, did you try deleting your preferences? Quit Illustrator. Hold down Command(apple), Control, Shift and restart Illustrator. It will ask if you want to delete your preferences. Say yes. See if it still crashes.

If it does, with no adobe apps running, delete your font caches. Both System and Application. There are a few ways to do this. I use FontExplorer to do it, but there are other smaller utilities/scripts to look at (search this forum for "font cache") After deleting the system font caches, you'll need to restart your computer.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 10, 2009 3:04 PM   in reply to (Claire_Davis)
    I was having the same exact problem... Then realized I had just installed a bunch of new software on the HD eliminating my scratch disc space... after clearing space... apps run fine... thanks for the tip!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 11, 2009 11:38 PM   in reply to (Claire_Davis)
    I spoke to soon... I'm still having problems... any more ideas?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)