Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Illustrator CS3 - How can I remove a "linked" image???

Jan 23, 2009 9:11 AM

I have an illy file that has several "linked" images.

Some of these I wanted to keep and have embedded.

However, I would like to delete two in particular...which the images are no longer available or desired. But I see no way to do this.

I have tried to go to outline mode/wireframe view... and there are no boxes indicating where these images should go...so I can't delete those.

The two images that Illy keeps asking for when I open the file have a red ? to the right of the image names.

How can I permanently get rid of these?

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 23, 2009 9:16 AM   in reply to Todd-sta
    Select image, delete. You can go to the image (which means select it and scroll to its position) using the Links palette.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 23, 2009 11:50 AM   in reply to Todd-sta
    Click on the link in the links pallette. At the bottom of the links pallette there is a button that says "go to link", click that. That will show the picture in the document, then you can hit the 'delete' key.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2013 4:34 PM   in reply to Ozzwoman9

AI CS5. I have sometimes have missing images that do not show themselves this method. Usually a complex file with a lot of layers. Have made sure all layers are unlocked, but still cannot find the offending image. AI will nag me on every open to replace this image.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2014 9:55 AM   in reply to sonofmrsnak

I often experience the same. I have hundreds if not thousands of layers in my AI file. Clicking the red X on the link when I filter by Missing Links does nothing. "Go to link" does nothing.

Has anyone found a solution to this?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2014 10:54 AM   in reply to Grayson Stebbins

can you share a file to have a look at? if so, CS5 please

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)