Skip navigation
grammatophile
Currently Being Moderated

<ol></ol> Used to wrap numbered lists

Oct 20, 2008 8:26 AM

I have tried to format non-numbered items in FrameMaker. They look fine in Frame but when I import to RH they become completely skewed. The html files generated by RH envelope these non-numbered list items, along with the items of the numbered list, in an <ol></ol> tag. RH treats all the text inside a series of numbered list items as part of that <ol>, even when those items are not numbered themselves.

RH retains the original (FrameMaker) formatting as long as the non-numbered items do not fall within a numbered series.

Can anyone suggest a fix for this?

I am especially interested in fixes that do not involve having to go into the html itself. I'd like something that would allow me to do the integration and mapping of styles from Frame to RH.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 20, 2008 12:42 PM   in reply to grammatophile
    I don't know if this helps or not, but when you define the styles in RoboHelp (like your StepIndent), do not add any indentation to the style. Just by being within the list, it is already indented.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2008 12:29 PM   in reply to grammatophile
    As you mentioned, editing your HTML files breaks your single source flow.

Because of similar problems, including losing all my autotext, I stopped checking Convert AutoNumber to HTML List.
    That feature didn't gain anything for me anyway.

In the final output, if the list looks like a list, it's a list.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 2, 2008 3:51 PM   in reply to grammatophile
    grammatophile, how does Convert AutoNumber to HTML List help you?
    It must be something, since so many people seem to be trying so hard to make it work (including me!)

I finally gave up (since the AutoNumber text from FM was so important in our applications), and then wondered why I had tried so hard to use the function in the first place. I designed my own css styles that look just fine, and map my FM list para styles to them.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 7, 2008 5:11 PM   in reply to grammatophile
    "When I removed the autonumber feature, this text was wrapping so that it lined up with the number itself in the left margin ."

Hmm, I've removed the autonumber feature, and my the text in my steps still indents correctly when the help window is made really small...
    It must be something in how your css is defined for your steps.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points