Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

" To join, you must select two open endpoints." Popup.

Mar 26, 2009 4:42 PM

Okay, this is frustrating. I kept getting the following error when I try to join two end points.

To join, you must select two open endpoints. If they are not on the same path, they cannot be on text paths nor inside graphs, and if both of them are grouped, they must be in the same group.

Here's what I have. Both paths are in the same group. I zoom to max and both ends are on top of each other. So, why am I kept getting this error message when trying to join them? I tried to Average and there is no error but yet the path is not closed.

Any suggestion is welcome.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 26, 2009 5:21 PM   in reply to aljCharlie
    How are you selecting the two endpoints?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2011 11:30 AM   in reply to aljCharlie

It's simple. The two endpoints are too close together. Move them apart slightly, then select them and they will join okay.

http://www.andreahall.co.uik

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2011 1:05 PM   in reply to aljCharlie

You might be selecting a third invisible endpoint.  If you select ONLY the two endpoints of the open curves then you will not have a problem.  No need to release compound paths if the path is open and it is in fact an open endpoint.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2011 6:16 AM   in reply to AndreaHall_

This thread is over 2.5 years old. The problem is moot in current version, because it is (finally) not necessary to select endpoints to join paths at their nearest endpoints.

JET

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2014 6:12 PM   in reply to aljCharlie

@JETalmage, This thread is still helpful, 1. Not everyone have latest versions. 2. This was helpful for me, since his situation was about trying to connect 2 compound paths together, which woin't work unless you right click and release the compound path, which he stated earlier in the thread.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)