Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Illustrator CS2 - Reverse path?

Apr 10, 2008 7:58 AM

Hi,

I am using a brush on a path but the arrow symbols are in the wrong direction! I would just need to reverse the path of the line in order to put the arrows symbols in the correct direction but as I am a novice in Illustrator, I don't know how to do that? If somebody can help...

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2008 9:06 AM   in reply to (Trotamundos)
    Click on the 'Options of Selected Object' button (second from left) at the bottom of the Brushes palette, then select the flip along path option.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2008 10:32 AM   in reply to (Trotamundos)
    Just use the pen tool to click on the SELECTED endpoint of a path to reverse its direction. It seems you can't rely on 180 rotate on an asymetrical path like an S-curve

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2008 5:36 AM   in reply to (Trotamundos)
    Other drawing programs have a proper Reverse Path command. Illustrator doesn't. Illustrator has a Reverse Path Direction button in the Attributes palette, but it only works on subpaths of compound paths. (Very lame.)

One of the AI Javascripts contained in This .zip archive is named "JET_ReversePath." Put that script your Presets/Scripts folder. Relaunch Illustrator. Then you should be able to:

1. Select any number of paths, including paths that have Brushes applied to them.

2. File>Scripts>JET_ReversePath.

JET

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2008 3:15 PM   in reply to (Trotamundos)
    JET

THe Reverse path direction is handy when you want to change the way a fill works on closed path that crosses itself. But your right, it would be So much better if it worked on ANY path.

Thanks for the Script BTW,works great.

BRETT

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2009 3:38 PM   in reply to JETalmage

Thanks, JET for the scripts. I just came across them today when Illustrator's lack of ability (or obvious location of this function) finally got to me enough to search for answers.

Your work is much appreciated!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)