Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Printing 85x55 business cards on SRA3 via indesign on Xerox 242

Mar 25, 2009 4:26 AM

Hi guys, I have been involved in a little print and design and have previously used a very ld version of Quark. I used have a template set for SRA3 where I would add my vector art from illustrator on to this template which was laid out so that I could fit multiple copies of the business card design on the SRA3 sheet.

I have recently switched to mac and had purchased the latest Adobe CS4 suite. Within that there is Indesign CS4 but i have never used indesign previously. Its not all that difficult to use to be honest but im struggling to lay out business cards on a SRA3 layout. Likewise guys, was wondering if some of you guys with indesign experience could help me out.

i know one could say, the problem I have is childs play as its all about keeping to the same dimensions, but as said I never set the SRA3 sheet up in the first place. What I had was a template which I used all the time for business card printing

hope someone can help

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 25, 2009 6:23 AM   in reply to (Adil_Khan)
    As I understand you, you need to fill a SRA3 with 85x55mm businesscards? What I do is make a 85x55 box, do a step and repeat with 5 mm space in between the boxes. Then I select all the boxes (for instance 10 boxes, 5 rows, 2 columns) and use the coordinates to center the boxes on my sheet, and then go to the scripts panel there is a folder called 'sample', in it you find the script 'cropmarks', with that script you can place cropmarks around every box. Is this what you mean?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 26, 2009 6:34 AM   in reply to (Adil_Khan)
    You can place Indesign documents in your template file. So if you have your business cards indesign file with 5 mm bleed, you can place these in the template, be sure to select 'show options', so you can choose the file, including bleed.
    As you can import multiple files in your template document, you have a 'loaded' cursor, if you hover over an illustration box, you can hold the 'alt' key, so the illustration flows into you pre-made box. Of course you can also copy and paste your cards into the pre-set boxes.
    The template file can be changed very easily to include the bleed, first you make the template file as I explained first, with cropmarks. The image boxes are 85x55, so without bleed. If you select the box and make sure you have the center 'dot' in your adjustment panel, you can change the box into 95x60 (including the bleed). As you have already made the cropmarks, they will stay the same. Use layers to organize your template file, and you are done. If you want I can set-up a file, let me know if you want it.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)