Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS2: The installer seems to have written the wrong AUM application ID

Aug 30, 2007 11:55 PM

This is hopefully the solution to the problem where InDesign shows a messagebox each time it starts saying "The installer seems to have written the wrong AUM application ID". In my own quest to solve the problem, I found a number of people with the same issue, but with no solutions.

In my case, it was caused by someone installng a new language in the OS X International Control Panel, and putting it first on the list (above English). He had installed Greek, and everything was fine until the computer was restarted, and then the problems with InDesign began (in fact InDesign wouldn't start up at all - the messagebox would appear but there would be no palettes or anything).

To solve it, go to the Apple menu, System Preferences, International, and drag English to the top of the list. Restart (or log out and log back in again) and hopefully it should be solved :)

Obviously this may not be a solution to people who like to run OS X in another language, as they will then be forced to run in English.

Dave

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 17, 2007 5:33 AM   in reply to (Dave_Forsey)
    You can get the same error message on Windows Vista. On that system you have to locate the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstal l\{7F4C8163-F259-49A0-A018-2857A90578BC}
    and modify the value of AUMAppID to: indesign4-en_US-NONDEBUG,RET
    It's that simple! :)

James Ford
    InDesign Expert
    Croptima Inc.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 21, 2007 8:46 AM   in reply to (Dave_Forsey)
    I did the regedit but I'm still getting the same error in Vista.

Am I missing something?

Rose :)

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 21, 2007 9:34 AM   in reply to (Dave_Forsey)
    >Am I missing something?

Perhaps that this is the InDesign Macintosh forum. You may have a better chance of getting an answer in the InDesign Windows forum...

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 22, 2007 1:30 PM   in reply to (Dave_Forsey)
    oops...I found this forum in a google search...the most recent message was talking about vista...didn't realize I was in the Mac side...

R :)

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 13, 2007 1:00 AM   in reply to (Dave_Forsey)
    Dave,

I think you're right about the language thing.

I just taught ID in Iceland where I saw the same message.

In my case we just ignored the message and were able to continue with the class.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2008 10:21 AM   in reply to (Dave_Forsey)
    so what happens when you select "from template" and you have no templates. my default template folders are all empty. i know some went into other areas where i had to dig to find one template. I've tried the repair, it fails. I've had to reinstall. I'm all updates with cs2 and most recent bridge since i frequently use photoshop. I've even consulted my indesign book. no answers. help?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 6, 2008 1:38 AM   in reply to (Dave_Forsey)
    Hax Paul, hello,
    Just do a search in the registry for AUMAppID and delete the indesign4 entry and you error messages should go away.

Kind Regards

Hax

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)