Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

InDesign CS2 PDF presets not loading

Dec 10, 2007 12:12 PM

I have none of the predefined joboptions for PDF listed and cannot load them - I get an error message "Cannot import presets from this file". The joboptions are all correctly in the Library/application support/Adobe/Adobe PDF/Settings folder. Also it will not even allow me to create a new file - it says "Cannot create the file. The folder may be write protected". I have gone through and made sure all folders are unlocked etc.

What is happening? Anybody else had this happen?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 10, 2007 2:29 PM   in reply to (Kevin_Wade)
    Yep, having the same problem on the PC side. Some of the presets are there, but standard.joboptions isn't. Like you, I can find it in the folder but if I try to load it I get the 'write-protected' message. I was just about to post when I saw your message, so will subscribe to this thread to see if anyone can help.

Anne Goldenberger

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2007 3:46 PM   in reply to (Kevin_Wade)
    Hmm, interesting, thanks for posting Kevin. I also have CS2 InDesign and Acrobat 8.0 Professional. Yup, indeed, I can find the joboptions files in that Application Data directory also. So I tried loading the preset from there, and all I get is a message saying "Cannot import presets from this file".

I also tried copying the files from one location to another but that doesn't seem to work either. Maybe the Mac side is more friendly that way :-)

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 23, 2008 11:44 PM   in reply to (Kevin_Wade)
    Anne,
    Wondering if you ever solved your problem, as I have exactly the same problem with InDesign CS2 and Acrobat 8.0 Professional (on a PC).

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2008 7:29 AM   in reply to (Kevin_Wade)
    Hi reneechiang -

I was able to upgrade to CS3 - in fact I just installed it yesterday. I was able to load a joboptions file that wasn't already in the dropdown list, and it worked just fine!

So, a rather expensive workaround I'm afraid.

Anne

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2008 4:47 AM   in reply to (Kevin_Wade)
    Hello all,

I had the same problem. There were no predefined joboptions available in my Indesign CS2, and I even could not create new ones (I got the "Could not create folder"-message.)

I read the above letters, and so I found my solution.
    I had to crate the following folders in my Windows computer:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Shared Documents\Adobe PDF\Settings

I put the pdf-joboption files (xxxx.joboptions) I found elsewere on my computer into this folder. With this, my Indesign works properly, and I can create new PDF presets (= joboption-files), without problems.

By the way, there was already an Adobe PDF folder under "Shared Documents", however, it was called slightly differently, namely: "Adobe PDF 6.0". The "Settings" folder (and the .joboptions-files) were inside. So, probably just renaming the folder (by deleting "6.0") would have helped...

Hope this discription of how I found my solution helps you, or other colleagues facing the same problem.

Regards ,

Christo

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2008 4:03 PM   in reply to (Kevin_Wade)
    I have CS2 and Acrobat 8, but I also am running it on Windows Vista. I am having the same problems, but none of the solutions work.

Documents and settings folder is non-existent, if I try to create it, it is automatically moved to "Users" folder.

Then, if I try to create the All Users folder in the Users folder it is automatically changed to "C:\Program Data".

Then I try to create the shared documents folder in there, thinking this may be a symbolic link or something in Windows, but Indesign never finds the preset files....

If anyone has a solution for Vista, please share it!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2013 11:49 PM   in reply to (Kevin_Wade)

Finally I successfully load the PDFpreset file.

Create two folders:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Adobe PDF\Settings

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Adobe PDF\Extras

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)