Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Over 20 missing plug-ins

Apr 29, 2008 4:16 AM

Is there a way a client can package up their plug-ins so I can print out their file? I don't want to purchase all of their plug-ins.

We are both using CS2.

Thank you,

Sharon
scampbe@bucknell.edu

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 29, 2008 4:20 AM   in reply to (Sharon_Campbell)
    Have them send you a PDF. Then you can print with no need for more plug-ins. Chances are that it would be illegal for them to send you the plug-ins. Mind you, having as many as 20 missing seems a large number. Are you sure the original document is a CS2 document?

Dave

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2008 2:43 PM   in reply to (Sharon_Campbell)
    The document you are trying to open is either damaged or is coming from CS3. The Lilo Plugin/Cell styles error message is a dead give away.

Have your associate export the file as an InDesign Interchange, which is compatible one version back.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2008 3:02 AM   in reply to (Sharon_Campbell)
    Hi,

I have had the same problem when I was open the CS3 file in CS2. Surely the file is in InDesign CS3.

Sachin

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 13, 2008 7:49 AM   in reply to (Sharon_Campbell)
    This is a nightmare, lost a few days up to now, with no solution in sight. Never had this kind of trouble with Quark - if only I could ditch Indesign. My company has spent thousands on CS2 and CS3, but I can't open any documents produced by people with either package. I wish I'd bought the computer magazine giving away free copies of Quark 4, and I would have no problems in the future.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 13, 2008 9:02 PM   in reply to (Sharon_Campbell)
    Sandor,

What? Is there a question there?

I can assure you would be having plenty of problems if you were still using Quark.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 2, 2010 3:53 AM   in reply to (Sharon_Campbell)

I'm having a similar problem, I have created a document so I know they were there at one point, now the only window I have open is the document itself and the 'Pathfinder'.

So I am suddenly missing nearly ALL plug-ins!

I have phoned support and they say I need to re-install from scratch, the problem with this is that the base Adobe package was installed over 7 years ago when Macs ran on 10.2 or something ancient like that. Since then we have only been using different upgrade packages.

(It seems to be a challenge to explain this to them)

HELP!! (Before I loose my job)

Mark.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)