Oh geez, the fix is easy.
In windows explorer, where you go to see files,
1. paste this into the top box
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Adobe PDF\Settings
and press Go
2. Select Tools-Folder Options-View-Hidden Files:Show hidden files and folders
3. Single click the file "Standard"
4. Hold down control-c
5. Click on the white part of the same box holding the "Standard" file - i.e. click off the standard file but in the same window holding that file.
6. hold down control-v
7. Right click the copy you just made. Select rename. Change the name to: Adobe PDF Converter
You're done. It will work.
Europe, Middle East and Africa