Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

licensing for this product has stopped working - Acrobat 9 Pro Trial Edition

Jul 8, 2008 4:57 AM

Before committing to purchase of 50 licenses for the office, I though I'd better make sure Acrobat 9 Pro works on my laptop. Nyet

I am totally frustrated by spending 20 minutes installing the package, only to get a "licensing for this product has stopped working" "You cannon use this product at this time"

I've reinstalled - twice

I've followed instructions relative to Flexnet service.

Anyone have a do this and Acrobat 9 will work list of instructions - preferably something that will work in a batch file since I don't want to spend two weeks getting the units on our network to work with Acrobat 9.

TIA

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 22, 2008 9:21 AM   in reply to (John_Schmerold)
    For those of you who are on Mac OSX. I was able to fix the problem by simply running Disk Utility and fixing permissions. All the other options, including deleting the Flexnet files and PCD files did not work for me. After, the permissions were fixed and I launched a CS3 app it just asked me to verify the serial number and I was off to the races. Hope this helps.
    'b'
    David Richter
    Richter Studios
    www.richterstudios.com

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2008 10:58 AM   in reply to (John_Schmerold)
    Hi !

1) are you workign from an admin account ?

On Mac: best thing is you work from an root user account !

(the Mac OS help file informs on this)

2) 2) pls check this doucment, its contains step by step troubleshooting:

http://www.adobe.com/go/kb401528

3) Are you launching the application in the same Account on which you originally instlled the product ?

4) Did you install over back up software ? if so, install from original media

By the way, AOO License (Lincense with one SN which ie. for 50 seats) do not have activation procedures ! Its just being installed without activations..

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 7, 2008 1:35 PM   in reply to (John_Schmerold)
    That Knowledge Base article you posted only applies to Windows.

Nothing in there about this on Macs. And unfortunately, running permissions-repair didn't fix it.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2008 3:22 AM   in reply to (John_Schmerold)
    I have problem about Arobat Reader Professional 9.0

Invalid Serial Number when using Customization Wizard to install Acrobat 9.0

i don't know how activate this product. i buy Volume license.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2008 5:44 AM   in reply to (John_Schmerold)
    There's no activation for volume license products.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 16, 2009 11:29 AM   in reply to (John_Schmerold)
    After years of using my CS3 Design Premium, it crashed when I was setting a pre-set. When I restarted, all of my Adobe programs spawn a dialog box: "Licensing for This Product has stopped working". I reset my permissions etc but no avail. Yes, I can go back to the disks and reinstall, but that was many patches and upgrades ago. Any other (quicker) fixes out there?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 15, 2009 4:50 AM   in reply to (John_Schmerold)

OK - or i should say not OK!!

I am running the licensed version of Acrobat 9 Pro on Mac OSX. It is installed on 2 of my MacBook Pro 17" laptops. These machines are respectively 1 month and 14 months old, and both are completely up-to-date software wise. 3 weeks ago Acrobat presented the error message "Licensing for this product has stopped working" and then quits. Searching through the error logs reveals the following: No matching processes were found. Shutting down licensing service ...

I have meticulously, several times worked through all the recommended steps on the Adobe site to address this issue but to no avail. Booting up in safe mode makes no difference. In desperation I re-installed the OS, but to no avail. My several and extended communications with Adobe online help have left me chatting with what sounded like a couple of uni students from India who had insufficient understanding of English, Macs and Acrobat. After 3 weeks my case has been closed twice by Adobe who report that they believe my issue is resolved and have therefore closed my case. Great!!! What's more, occasionally Safari is presented online with a pdf file which it attempts to load, and then crashes.

This issue has seriously affected my ability to work with and create pdf's which in my work as a medical researcher is essential. To add insult to injury, I have wasted too many precious hours attempting to rectify the situation.

The bottom line is caveat emptor (buyer beware). Adobe it seems are committed to making a sale but not to follow-up, service or genuine concern for their customers. When some company produces a less buggy (and cheaper) alternative I will be definitely be buying their wares.

In the interim, if anybody out there can advise me as to how to get Acrobat working again, I would be most grateful.

Have a great day.

David

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 5, 2009 7:36 AM   in reply to (John_Schmerold)

i have the same problem.  After spending 40 minutes on hold i got through and indicated that kb405970 had NOT worked.  I was elevated to tier two support but they never called back...month now since i was elevated.

I have gone to online support and indicated that the kb article had NOT worked either.  THey keep updating the petition but now, 3 weeks later they have not responded.  But they have updated the petition.....not sure what the point is.

So still stuck.... i downloaded a reader version to read the pdf's but to create them i have to get someone else to do it.   I guess i am going to have to reformat to get rid of whatever is quashing the licence and reinstall.  I am not a happy camper and my opinion of adobe support cannot be shown here.

To those who have the problem on a vista windows machine....good luck

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 26, 2009 12:07 PM   in reply to (John_Schmerold)

I had a similar problem; after several years of constant use, I suddenly got an error message when I opened Photoshop or InDesign or Illustrator that said "Licensing for this product has stopped working..." etc. after I upgraded my OS to Leopard on my mac. Was able to solve it with the tips on the following webpage, and everything seems to be working fine now:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/401/kb401528.html

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2010 12:22 AM   in reply to GreenTwist

I got this error on CS3 (no program works, illustrator, photoshop, dreamweaver) after buying a new mac and using time machine to restore my original environment.  I've tried all four solutions on the web page from adobe, and I've tried uninstalling from the disk, and re-installing. The strange python script didn't work, even with the 'zero' option. Not looking forward to the hellish 'customer support' that adobe has.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)