Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

how we can populate the form data from 2D barcode

Jul 15, 2008 3:17 AM

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me how we can populate the form data from 2D barcode, will this can be done through script(javascript)?.

Thanks & Regards,
Faisal Afzal

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 15, 2008 4:59 AM   in reply to (Faisal_Afzal)
    Hi Faisal,

This really depends on what products you have available to you. If you have Adobe LiveCycle Barcoded Forms ES then your process would look something like this:

- Decode the PDF or TIF image to extract the data from the barcode
    - Convert the extracted data into XML so that it may be easily mapped to your form
    - Reformat the data into a format that can be used to pre-populate your form, or use the converted data as-is if the format is acceptable
    - Import the data into your form using the import data service

Each of these steps is a single service in LC ES and are provided with the Barcoded Forms ES product.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 6, 2010 1:51 PM   in reply to (Lee_Sutton)

I was hoping someone could put me in the right direction here. I am basically doing the same . I am decodeing the information stored in a 2D Bar code and sending this information to an XML file, then I am trying to combine that xml file with a blank PDF template but the process is failing beacuse there are some additional tag fields the XML data from the  Decode->Extract XML process.

The XML file from the decode process gives the structure below..notice therer some extra tags (lines 2- 4)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<xdp:xdp xmlns:xdp="http://ns.adobe.com/xdp/" xmlns:xfa="http://www.xfa.org/schema/xfa-data/1.0/">

<xfa:datasets>

<xfa:data>

<form1>

The XML structure that is expected by the PDF template is as follows

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<form1>

So the xml output of the Decode barcode + Extract XML process has three extra lines of tag. Is there a way I could use a process within liveCycle to clean out those three lines in real-time before sending the xml to be recombined with the PDF template.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)