Expand my Community achievements bar.

Problem Authentication (Active Directory and Policy Server)

Former Community Member
I have configured LDAP on my policy server and while creating policies i can find list of users in my Active Directory

But problem is that i m not able to login to policy server with my Active directory Users

how to login I have tried several different method

e.g

Muhammad Amin/password

muhammad.amin@mydomain.com/password

but failed

I have also enabled and try with both JAAS and Kerberos athentication

but failed to connect with internal users.

I can login with External Users which i created.

Any Guru can help me to sort this porblem
8 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Muhammed,

There are a couple of possible problems. Did you update your login-config.xml as described in the documentation? If so, you might want to double-check that is correct.

If so, you should make sure the UID Attribute you have setup to use in Policy Server is the same as you are trying to login with.

Can you post the exception you are getting in the server log?

Hope this helps,

-Bill

Former Community Member
Hi Bill thanks for reply here is "JaasApp" is my application policy name---------

2007-05-30 10:22:44,648 ERROR [com.adobe.edc.server.provider.authentication.JAASAuthProviderImpl] Thread: http-0.0.0.0-8443-Processor5, hashcode: 29520898 Inside JAASAuthProvider: Login Failed using the JAAS Application - JaasApp .. continue trying other auth providers

2007-05-30 10:22:44,664 ERROR [com.adobe.edc.server.errors.exception.EDCServerLoggedException] Thread: http-0.0.0.0-8443-Processor5, hashcode: 29520898 [AuthenticationManagerBean] errorCode:513 errorCodeHEX:0x201 severity:1 message:None of the Auth Provider could authenticate the user. Authentication Failed chainedException:java.lang.Exception:

Inside JAASAuthProvider: Login Failed using the JAAS Application - JaasApp .. continue trying other auth providerschainedExceptionMessage:Inside JAASAuthProvider: Login Failed using the JAAS Application - JaasApp .. continue trying other auth providers chainedException trace:java.lang.Exception: Inside JAASAuthProvider: Login Failed using the JAAS Application - JaasApp .. continue trying other auth providers

Former Community Member
Caused by: javax.security.auth.login.FailedLoginException: Login incorrect

at com.adobe.edc.server.provider.authentication.login.LDAPLoginModule.doAuthentication(LDAPLoginModule.java:419)

at com.adobe.edc.server.provider.authentication.login.LDAPLoginModule.login(LDAPLoginModule.java:246)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invoke(LoginContext.java:675)

at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.access$000(LoginContext.java:129)

at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext$4.run(LoginContext.java:610)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invokeModule(LoginContext.java:607)

at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.login(LoginContext.java:534)

at com.adobe.edc.server.provider.authentication.JAASAuthProviderImpl.invokeUsernamePwdModule(JAASAuthProviderImpl.java:138)

Former Community Member
in login-config.xml I have have used sAMAccountName instead of UID

Former Community Member
Well Jaas is working in my system well the problem was in a login-config.xml I made "searchUsingAnonymousBind" to false
and use bind user as shown below it works

false
cn=Administrator,cn=Users,dc=myDomainName,dc=COM

myadminpassword

and i can login with
User Name : muhammad.amin
Password : mypassword
any suggestions
thanks

Former Community Member
Can anyone tell me what are the security settings for Websphere 6.0 when using LDAPLoginModule.W hat should i select for Active Protocol ,Active authentication mechanism(SWAM or LTPA) and what should i select for Active user registry (Custom,LDAP or OS)

Former Community Member
Hi Prashant,

For WebSphere 6.0 its better to choose LTPA (Lightweight Third-Party Authentication); SWAM is deprecated in next WebSphere release. If the user after having received the LTPA token accesses a server that is a member of the same authentication configuration as the first server, and if the browsing session has not been terminated (the browser was not closed down), then the user is automatically authenticated and will not be challenged for a name and password. Such an environment is also called a Single-Sign-On (SSO) environment.

For Active user registry you would need to select LDAP

Hope this helps,

-Bill