Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Save multipage PDF into separate pages as PDF files

Nov 7, 2007 9:38 PM

Hi,

I have a 5 page PDF form. I need to save this 5 page form as 5 seperate PDFs. Each PDF will be of one page from the original form. So i need to split the 5 page original PDF into 5 seperate single page PDF. I need to do this as part of my workflow. Please help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 14, 2008 4:21 PM   in reply to (shivajiv)
    did you ever get an answer on this? I'm trying to find out the same thing, so if you know, please help me

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2008 1:30 PM   in reply to (shivajiv)
    Document > Pages > Extract

Specify which pages to extract
    Press OK
    Pages you specified will appear in a new document
    You can save this under a new file name

This is all in the help section..search for 'extract pages'

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 7, 2008 1:49 PM   in reply to (shivajiv)
    I have the new Acrobat Reader 9.
    When I go to Document I don't have "Page" feature.
    So I cannot separate the pages.
    What do I do?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2009 7:54 AM   in reply to (shivajiv)
    I used this method to extract pages from a Illustrator CS4 file and they appear as single pages in Acrobat, but when opened in AI, all pages are still in each file. I'm looking for a simple way to export individual pages from an AICS4 multi-page PDF.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2010 12:12 PM   in reply to (Jason_Yord)

I am using Acrobat 8.0 I don't have a "pages" either.  But you should see "Extract Pages" under the Document drop-down list.  It work perfect for me and saved a lot of time.  Glad that Adobe had the foresight to build in this function.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2010 8:37 AM   in reply to (shivajiv)

I have Acrobat 9. When I click on the ‘Document’ option in the toolbar, I click on ‘Extract Pages’. It then asks me to specify what pages I want to extract and gives me 2 check box options. The first asks if I want to delete the pages after I extract and the second gives me the option to extract each page to an individual file.

Hope this is helpful to someone... :o)

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 3, 2010 11:53 AM   in reply to (shivajiv)

AWESOME!!!! This thread was exactly what I needed. I split a single 8 page pdf into 8 separate pages.

Well done!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2010 1:52 PM   in reply to (Deena_Youssef)

This worked perfectly. Only one thing, if you open the pdf on ilustrator again all the pages will still appear, to avoid that make sure you unchecked the "preserve illustrator editing capabilities" before saving your illustrator file into pdf.

Hope it helps

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2010 1:53 PM   in reply to rcraighead

to avoid that make sure you unchecked the "preserve illustrator editing capabilities" before saving your illustrator file into pdf.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 13, 2010 10:02 AM   in reply to Stewart_Macarthur

Stewart,

When I specify what pages I want to save as individual pages, is there a way to name each page?

Ilene Young

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 30, 2010 12:38 PM   in reply to (shivajiv)

I am on Reader 9.3 and I don't see pages or extract pages under documents.  Is it because we only have Adobe Reader and nothing else?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 30, 2010 4:43 PM   in reply to Math_Nerd13

You need any of the Adobe Acrobat products; not Adobe reader. Adobe Reader is the free lighter version of Acrobat from Adobe without all the bells and whistles of Acrobat. I used Acrobat at work to break my pages since I too have only Adobe Reader at home. Yeah it sucks I know. You might try the library, work, etc.for a computer with Acrobat. You can pick it up pretty cheap on ebay or craigslist.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2010 7:22 AM   in reply to (shivajiv)

I was able to accomplish this using a free online service called www.splitpdf.net.  You simply upload the file and tell it which page you want extracted.  It then returns a pdf containing only the page you selected.  Unfortunately, you have to repeat this step for each page you need to extract but it's an easy process.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 16, 2010 12:20 PM   in reply to bsnyder02

Thank you so much for this information.  I will definitely use it on my next report.

Ilene

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2011 6:13 PM   in reply to (shivajiv)

I don't have Acrobat,too. I don't think it is convenient enough to split PDF pages, see you have to find the page you need then extract it repetitively one by one. To split PDF into single page, I think there is also a better program. A smart PDF splitter will take you out of painstaking manually splitting.

It will do the rest for you automatically.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2011 2:53 AM   in reply to (shivajiv)

Using Acrobat 10, simply click View > Tools > Pages > Extract to quickly produce the single page files you need.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2011 5:06 AM   in reply to KLucero

Thank you, everyone, for all your responses.  I've have it so it will work now.  I appreciate your help.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2011 11:39 AM   in reply to (shivajiv)

I found a much faster drag and drop option that allows you to split up a pdf document, by dragging a page or multiple pages into any folder you want... so much faster!

I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro 9:

-Go to View--> Navigation Panels--> Show Navigation Pane (The navigation pane should pop up on the left hand side, and shows small tiles of each page in your pdf).

-Now select the Hand Tool (it looks like a white glove)- located in the menu at the top (if you don't see it, go to View--> Toolbars--> Select and Zoom and it should appear in the toolbars at the top).

-With the Hand Tool activated you can grab a page from the navigation panel and drop it into any folder or onto your desktop; to grab more than one page, click in the grey area surrounding the small tiles and you can drag over more than one, also try using the shift key to highlight pages that aren't side by side.

Hope this helps!

PS: You can do this on a mac computer without using Adobe; its a built in feature of the document preview software that comes on macs.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2011 11:43 AM   in reply to bigjake1

Thank you so much.  This is exactly what I needed.  Thank you for responsding.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2011 9:15 AM   in reply to (shivajiv)

In Adobe Acrobat Pro 10:

1.) Open your PDF

2.) Select Tools/Pages/Split Document

3.) Split your document by one page in the Number of Pages section

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2011 9:31 AM   in reply to jaegow

Thank you.  I appreciate everyone’s help with this issue.  I am able to split my pages now.

Have a great day!!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2011 5:58 AM   in reply to (shivajiv)

I need some help form anyone who knows...175 page document. Each page is single report for a person (different person each page) and that persons name always appears in the same spot at the top of the page, right below the title.

I'd like to split the document into 175 PDFs AND have each filename contain the persons name. Can this be done using Acrobat Pro 9? If so, how?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 22, 2011 9:18 AM   in reply to RooksGambit

Did you get an answer to this question?  I have a similar situation

Doug Turner

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 22, 2011 9:27 AM   in reply to j.doug.turner

Ok - I think I found an answer.  You wan to "Split Document" rather than extract page.  If you are using Acrobat 9 - go to document Menu and come down to Split document.  You can make it 175 pages, 1 page at a time.  In fact, if you have entered Employees Names (in your example) as booknarks, you can name each of the files after the employee.  Email me if you have a problem douglas.turner@me.com.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2012 10:32 PM   in reply to (shivajiv)

I discovered another way (I have the trial version of Adobe Reader) to split pages if you only want a few of them.  You open your multipage document and then go to the top of the menu where it says "View."  Click on "Two Page View."  Now scroll to the page you want to separate.  Then go to "Edit" and click on "Take a Snapshot."    Click on the page you want to separate out.  It will tell you that "The page has been copied."   Now paste it into a Word Document and save it as a PDF.

It's complicated but it works.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2012 3:02 PM   in reply to bsnyder02

wow thank u macho it really helped me a lot...kudos

Onces again 'Thank U' so much...

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 7:40 AM   in reply to (shivajiv)

Another great way in Acrobat Pro, is using the "Document" -> "Split document" function, where you can specify how big the files should be, or how many pages each file should contain.

Just had a specific case, whit 176 pages, that needed to be split into 4 pages per pdf - took 10 sec.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 27, 2012 6:23 AM   in reply to AlROEMY

In Acrobat X Pro, split multiple files once using above mentioned feature:

Tools Pane -> Pages -> Split Documents

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2012 2:46 AM   in reply to Razi121

Here is how I did it very easily in Acrobat X Pro on a Mac:

1. Open the document to be split into separate pages.

2. Select: Tools / Pages / Extract.

3. Enter the page range to be separated.

4. Check only the box 'Extract Pages As Separate Files' and OK.

3. Select a destination folder and click 'Choose'.

Job done.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2013 11:57 AM   in reply to (shivajiv)

If you are using Adobe Reader and you have a mac, you can extract each page using Preview.  Make sure the sidebar is visible, select the page you want to delete (in the sidebar) and choose Edit > Delete Item.

I haven't found a way to do this on a PC using Adobe Reader.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 13, 2013 10:34 PM   in reply to rwhsppt

If you have just Adobe reader, then best way is to open the pdf in Google Chrome.

First, Make sure you have enabled Chrome PDF viewer extension

Open PDF in chrome

Right click the page and select print

On the print dialog that comes up, change the destination to “Print to PDF”

Now instead of selecting All radio button to print/save all. Select your page range and then print.

Note this will work with PDF's that are compatible with Chrome

hope this is helpful.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2013 8:14 AM   in reply to bigjake1

Your solution on how to drag a page or multiple pages into any folder worked really well the 1st time I tried it.  Now I am trying to do it again & it is not working.  Additionally, I am using Adobe 9 Standard Version -- could this be the problem.  I have no choice in the version of Adobe as this is the one they have at my office. Can someone please tell me how to drag multiple pages into any folder on my computer even if the pages are not sequential?  Post 18. bigjake1 – was so helpful, but it does not seem to be working with Adobe 9 Standard.  I am operating on a PC not a MAC

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2013 12:16 PM   in reply to bigjake1

I'm trying to etract 2 non-adjacent pages in a pdf to create a new pdf file.  I am running Adobe 9 Standard.  Can anyone please help?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2014 1:36 PM   in reply to Kiran30

Incredible. So easy - thank you!!!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)