Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Flattening a PDF using Assembler's Invoke DDX

Jan 22, 2008 5:59 AM

I have an XDP that needs to be converted to a flat PDF without using output(The solution can only use forms services).

Since its being called from within the process orchestration by using the invoke DDX service, I'm totally lost as to how its done.

1. How do we select the input from within the properties tab without using the literal value ?

2. How do we set the required "<NoForms/> and "<NoXFA/>" parameters from within the workbench without using a literal value for the input parameter in properties ?

3. Would the invoke DDX service allow output to a OutputResult variable ?

Thanks,

Holy

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 29, 2008 12:25 PM   in reply to (Holy_Adobe)
    Assembler only works from PDF files. So before you call the invokeDDX service you'll need to convert you XDP into a PDF using something like RenderPDFForm.

Once that's done, you can use the invokeDDX operation from the Assembler service.

The way it works, you need to provide an input map of the PDFs you're going to use and a "document" variable that contains the XML representation of you ddx file.

The output of the operation is of type AssemblerResult, not OuputResult.

Jasmin

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2008 8:40 AM   in reply to (Holy_Adobe)
    were you able to get your stuff working,if not email me @ mergeandfuse@gmail.com will help you out

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Apr 2, 2012 9:23 AM   in reply to Jasmin Charbonneau

I was able to do this successfully. The issue that I am facing now that while merging 4 forms together.. if the 2nd or 3rd form happens to be in Landscape orientation, all rest of the forms also convert to the Landscape orientation. Also, when I try printing it, the Printer says the Printer Size did not match Paper type or something of that sort. Following was my DDX:

<DDX xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/DDX/1.0/">

<XDP result="MyXDPResult">

<XDP source="sourceXDP1"/>

<XDP source="sourceXDP2"/>

<XDP source="sourceXDP3"/>

<XDP source="sourceXDP4"/>

</XDP>

<?ddx-source-hint name="sourceXDP1"?>

<?ddx-source-hint name="sourceXDP2"?>

<?ddx-source-hint name="sourceXDP3"?>

</DDX>

|