Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How can I delete all the keywords and subkeywords from my project and document

Nov 12, 2008 12:23 PM

I am using robohelp for word version 6, and using Winhelp 2000 for my project. Created the index using the wizard, and hit apparently a known bug. I need to re-do the entire index. Could anyone tell me what is the fastest and best way to get rid of the index and all the keywords and sub-keywords?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 13, 2008 12:44 AM   in reply to eangel030456
    I think the old trick was to highlight the first entry and sit there with your finger firmly pressed on the Delete key.

|
    Mark as:
  • RoboColum(n)
    5,356 posts
    Oct 8, 2004
    Nov 13, 2008 1:56 AM   in reply to eangel030456
    A slightly quicker way is to rename the project's .HHK file and then open the project.

|
    Mark as:
  • RoboColum(n)
    5,356 posts
    Oct 8, 2004
    Nov 13, 2008 1:57 AM   in reply to eangel030456
    Oops! Sorry didn't see you were using RH for word so ignore my last response and follow Peter's advice!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 13, 2008 5:49 AM   in reply to eangel030456
    dubble hiccup post

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 13, 2008 5:49 AM   in reply to eangel030456
    One should not meddle in the affairs of sorcerers, for their ways are subtle and they are quick to anger...

|
    Mark as:
  • RoboColum(n)
    5,356 posts
    Oct 8, 2004
    Nov 13, 2008 6:23 AM   in reply to Captiv8r
    Sorry RoboWizard. May my newt's growth be stunted or something like that

|
    Mark as:
  • RoboColum(n)
    5,356 posts
    Oct 8, 2004
    Nov 13, 2008 6:26 AM   in reply to eangel030456
    To be honest eangel030456 I've always felt that there is no substitute for rolling up your sleeves and manually indexing. The wixard makes a fair stab and getting it right but rarely achieves it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2012 1:11 AM   in reply to RoboColum(n)

Hello,

I have a similar kind of situation, so continuing the same post though it's four years old.

I am using RH for word 9. I also want to delete all the items in my index and there are around 1000 entries in my index. I tried what Peter suggested (holding the delete key), but the Word docs keep opening simultaneously. This is slowing down the process of deletion and also opening a huge number of Word docs. Could anyone suggest a solution for this?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2012 5:27 AM   in reply to Vinay Kankipati

Sorry Vinay, nothing to suggest other than to seriously consider abandoning RoboHelp for Word in favor of using RoboHelp HTML. The only valid reason I can think of for using it is if you have a need to produce WinHelp. And Microsoft themselves would REALLY love it if WinHelp would finally die.

The problem you will find is that very few folks actually use RoboHelp for Word, so other than the development team popping in to answer a question here and there, you are pretty much on your own to sort any issues that arise.

To my knowledge, there aren't even classes offered for learning how to use this product.

Adopt RoboHelp HTML. You will be glad you did.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2012 1:49 AM   in reply to Captiv8r

Thanks Rick, for responding. This project was unfortunately created in RHW initially in 2004 and now it has grown up like Credit Card bill:) I will have to do a work around for now, but for future projects, no doubt, I will us RH HTML.

Thanks again.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points