Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Presets or?

Aug 20, 2008 4:12 PM

Help!

I've only been using LR since 1.0 or 1.1, but I'm still not understanding how to do something that seems so basic it SEEMS like it's got to be there. I'm still on 1.4 waiting for a) a few of the issues of 2.0 to be resolved and b) get a little less busier so I have time to change.

The Problem:

Say, I've done Auto tone, and it's got each image with individual settings, and then I want to increase the contrast 20 points for all of them.

THE ONLY way I've found to do this is to go through each image ... maybe hundreds in a wedding ... and add 20 points contrast.

If I use a preset it just makes all of them the same number, of course. I just want 20 points more than the Auto or default or a preset or whatever. Or of course, any other control.

How the heck do I do what seems like it should be so simple, and how do the rest of you accomplish this if there isn't a way? Do you really sit and touch each image?

Neil

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 20, 2008 4:34 PM   in reply to rNeil Haugen
    Use quick-develop in the Library module. Changes made there are *relative* not absolute like they are in Develop.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2008 5:40 PM   in reply to rNeil Haugen
    > Still seems ... like there should be another way, rather than bouncing forth and back between Lib and Dev modes more often.

I agree. But this works.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2008 3:11 AM   in reply to rNeil Haugen
    No - you select multiple items in the grid, not in the filmstrip - then QD adjustments apply to all selected items.

John

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2008 12:01 PM   in reply to rNeil Haugen
    The thinking there is you don't want to be adjusting multiple images if you can't see that you are actually doing that. So, "E" (Loupe mode) runs on the image you see, not all the rest.

Of course, you can make the thumbs almost full screen if you max out their size.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)