Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Comments in LR

Nov 6, 2008 8:22 AM

Is it possible in Lightroom 2 to leave a comment on an image, with a summary of the processing for example or how the photo was taken?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 6, 2008 11:47 AM   in reply to Pete the Feet
    Yes, in the slideshow module, the Print modula and the Web module you can do all that and more.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 6, 2008 12:41 PM   in reply to Pete the Feet
    Yes, look in the metadata section. All kinds of tags you can use or display. You can also use keywords for this purpose

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 6, 2008 2:11 PM   in reply to Pete the Feet
    But there really should be an official comment field labeled Comments.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 7, 2008 8:32 AM   in reply to Pete the Feet
    >should be an official comment field labeled Comment

Agreed. I'd also like to see arbitrary metadata fields so we can extend beyond what we can do now.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 7, 2008 9:25 AM   in reply to Pete the Feet
    We can do so via the SDK. However, I'd like to see this in the user interface, just as it is in any DAM program.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 8, 2008 6:39 AM   in reply to Pete the Feet
    Is Adobe's reason for not including these requests because the metadata would not conform to standards and thus would not be able to be displayed in other software?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 8, 2008 7:33 AM   in reply to Pete the Feet
    I've lost my link to the IPTC webpage, but I think there already is a "Comments" field. At least in Vista, the Lightroom "Caption" field maps to both the "Comments" and "Subject" fields in image properties. To make matters worse, "Caption" shows up in the "Description" field in Pro Photo Tools. The only one I have seen that is consistent from application to application is "Title".

Edit:

http://tinyurl.com/IPTC-Standards

This is the latest IPTC Standard. It looks like Caption/Description is what you are looking for.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)