Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Color Space - How To Change Adobe RGB To SRGB In Lightroom?

Jan 18, 2009 8:38 PM

have Lightroom 2.2 on XP

Question: I just took many images in my Nikon D80 in Adobe RGB Color Space...How do I convert the images in Lightroom into SRGB Color Space. I understand that LR stores the images in Adobe Pro Color Space.

Issue: All my images will be going out to Internet SRGB Web Galleries and some to printing on an SRGB Print Processor.

Can I make A web gallery in Lightroom...and have it output the thumbs and enlargement images in the SRGB Space somehow...without having to batch them in bridge or Photoshop first then come back in with a new import of color space corrected images. Ive got 580 images to do.

Thanks

Suzzie

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 18, 2009 9:25 PM   in reply to (suzzie12)
    In the export panel just select sRGB. The source space of your files does not matter at all. Also, if you shoot RAW, your files do not have a color space. The setting in your camera only has an effect on the jpeg preview that the camera puts inside the RAW file and on any jpegs you shoot. Most cameras can capture colors far outside adobeRGB and Lightroom uses that gamut. Internally Lightroom works in linear prophotoRGB, even if you give it source files in a narrower space. Then when you export, this gets translated to the export color space.

>Can I make A web gallery in Lightroom...and have it output the thumbs and enlargement images in the SRGB Space somehow...without having to batch them in bridge or Photoshop first then come back in with a new import of color space corrected images. Ive got 580 images to do.

Lightroom always uses sRGB for the web exports.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)