Skip navigation
Highland Matt D
Currently Being Moderated

Damaged AIR file

Nov 1, 2008 7:29 AM

I'm having trouble getting my my AIR app to install on certain systems via the badge when AIR is not already installed.

The message I get is "The application could not be installed because the AIR file is damaged". This is not the case though. The application installs fine on many systems with or without AIR previously installed. Also, other AIR applications install fine on the same system, so there must be something wrong with the way I am configuring the badge.

Here's the exact steps I do that produce this error:
1. remove AIR from the system via control panel applet(Vista sp1)
2. browse to download page for my app and click on the badge
3. the badge informs me that AIR is being installed and seems to proceed as expected
4. the AIR dialog popups up and tells me that it's preparing to install the application
5. once the progress bar fills up I get the message "The application could not be installed because the AIR file is damaged"

Any idea what could cause that message or more particulary, how can I fix this problem?

Thanks,

--matt

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 3, 2008 10:26 AM   in reply to Highland Matt D
    Could you get the application installation log and post here?

-ted

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 6, 2008 12:47 PM   in reply to Highland Matt D
    It looks like you have installed the app. on the system already.
    --
    application currently installed to C:\Program Files
    --
    Could you uninstall the app. first and try again?

-ted

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 7, 2008 10:12 AM   in reply to Highland Matt D
    This might be a bug.

Normally, If the app. has been installed, the Installer should ask users either wants to update (if it is a different version), or says the version has already been installed.

We have not seen this. If you can duplicate the problem, please let me know.

Thanks,

-ted

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 22, 2009 7:54 AM   in reply to Highland Matt D

We have found that this situation may occur with an install of an AIR file on a Vista machine, where the AIR file is stored on a networked drive.  Copy the file to the local machine, then install from the local drive.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2009 7:46 AM   in reply to Highland Matt D

Out of interest, where are the log files that you have included in the original post?

We recently had an AIR file failure due to '&' in an image file name (see http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-10582) and it would probably help in future if we can see where the AIR install is failing ..

thanks, Alan

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points