Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Lightroom temp folder area

Apr 7, 2007 10:09 PM

I noticed Lightroom has its own folder in "my documents" folder.

My question is 2-3 part actually

1) Any adjustments I make will NOT affect the original image, correct?

2) Do I need to hit reset for each individual image? Or is there a faster way to reset ALL images that have been developed?

3) In the lightroom previews.data folder, is that a temp storage area?
Can I delete anything in there?

4) If I do a backup, does it backup ALL images in the "folder" section of lightroom?

Thanks in advance, I'm very seriously considering buying this program soon, once I understand it all.

Great stuff Adobe, keep it up.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 8, 2007 4:15 AM   in reply to (jacob.smith)
    1) totally non-destructive editing.

2)Why do you need to reset ALL? That just undoes all you hard develop work. If you truly want to, in 'All Photographhs' select All and hit 'Reset'.

3)Yes can can delete anything there. LR will just rebuild previews if you revisit an image.

4)LR back-up set in Preferances is just for the dB (by default named 'Lightroom Database.lrdb'). Images have to be backed up by your standad back-up procedures you should already have in place (Raid, daily back-up, ??).

Don
    MVC! Don Ricklin, MacBook 1.83Ghz Duo 2 Core running 10.4.9 & Win XP, Pentax *ist D
    http://donricklin.blogspot.com/

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 9, 2007 4:52 AM   in reply to (jacob.smith)
    2) The images in LR always show the last dev settings applied. To show the original you can do reset. IF you don;t want to loose the settings save a preset, or apply them to a vertual copy or do a Dev snapshot (above History in Develop.

4) The onlt back-up that LR provides is for it's dB (database) where all the metadata of nondestructive editing including keywords, crop, develop, etc) are stored. Anyother back-up of images etc, is up to ypu, as you should, as I said, be already doing that.

Don
    MVC! Don Ricklin, MacBook 1.83Ghz Duo 2 Core running 10.4.9 & Win XP, Pentax *ist D
    http://donricklin.blogspot.com/

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)