Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Unlock Code

Dec 25, 2005 3:20 PM

New member, just downloaded Adobe Reader Vers 7.03 (I believe) and recieved e-mail giving me a unlock code for Photoshop album Starter Edition 3.0. My problem is I don't have a clue as to how to use the Unlock Key, (no window for the key).
twiley

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 26, 2005 1:59 AM   in reply to (twiley)
    Does the program run?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 26, 2005 7:19 AM   in reply to (twiley)
    I have made several attempts to register for use of the Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.0 however, it won't connect and send. I need the unlock code to continue using. What am I doing wrong? Yes, I am connected to the Internet when I attempt to register.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 26, 2005 7:21 AM   in reply to (twiley)
    It did until I received the message that I need to register or I would be unable to use it again until I registered.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 26, 2005 9:13 AM   in reply to (twiley)
    Try temporarily deactivating your firewall.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 26, 2005 11:47 AM   in reply to (twiley)
    I had the same problem. I disconnected my firewall and norton and I was able to get an unlock code. But now I am unable to push the unlock code button. This is so very frustrating! If anyone has any new hints or ideas PLEASE tell me. I just want to get to my photos! Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 26, 2005 11:57 AM   in reply to (twiley)
    > But now I am unable to push the unlock code button

You mean it's greyed out?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 26, 2005 1:24 PM   in reply to (twiley)
    I also have a similar problem I have recieved the code and type it in but unable to push the unlock button button is greyed out. Also get the message that I need "System Administrator Previlages". What does this mean. I'm using a new personal PC at home.
    Marlene

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 26, 2005 1:34 PM   in reply to (twiley)
    I downloaded Adobe reader and got the photoshop also I never recieved an e-mail with unlock code and I can't register the product because it doesn't recognize my internet connection. How do I get an unlock code without having to disable my fiewall

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 26, 2005 1:53 PM   in reply to (twiley)
    > How do I get an unlock code without having to disable my fiewall

You only need to do that to register - not permanently.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 28, 2005 4:29 PM   in reply to (twiley)
    I have the same problem
    Adobe is all to keen to bundle the Photoshop Starter Edition But does not send the Unlock Code I would like to try it but if this continues I will revert to "JALBUM" it is also free and mutch more accessable
    Makes you wonder about these Multinatational Companies?? and makes the use of Linux more attractive
    Archie Speirs
    ausbrake@iprimus.com.au

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2005 1:01 AM   in reply to (twiley)
    Archie

Since Jalbum does an entirely different job to PSA SE, I don't really know what you mean.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2005 7:26 AM   in reply to (twiley)
    i also have an unlock code--but the 'unlock now' button is greying out--anyone know how to solve?? thank you--ed

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2005 7:36 AM   in reply to (twiley)
    ginie--did you solve the grey'unlock button'--i also can't unlock my photos-thanks-ed

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2005 3:15 PM   in reply to (twiley)
    OK I disabled my firewall and it still did not register. Now what do I do to register my product because I need it to view my pics.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2005 9:40 PM   in reply to (twiley)
    I had the same problem -- registered after downloading v3, and no email. Tried without my Firewall up, but, again, nothing. After two days and four registration attempts, all four responses to my attempts arrived with my unlock code. Once I started v3 again and clicked the "already have unlock code," the program unlocked and is working beautifully. I can only hope that this scenario has worked for all of you.
    Morgan

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2005 10:25 AM   in reply to (twiley)
    I have the same problem with Photo Album Starter Edition 3. Got my registration code, but the unlock button is greyed out. I'm running Windows 2K and I'm signed on as the Administrator. - Tom

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 1, 2006 8:45 AM   in reply to (twiley)
    How long does it take to get an unlock code. Unfortunately I updated to Version 3.0 as requested and now I am looked out of my pictures. Instant feedback with a lock out code is not difficult. I thought a soft ware company would be able to do this to keep from having unsatisfied potential customers. I I pay license fees for some of the other Adobe products so I don't feel guilty about using their freeware.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 1, 2006 8:46 AM   in reply to (twiley)
    How long does it take to get an unlock code. Unfortunately I updated to Version 3.0 as requested and now I am looked out of my pictures. Instant feedback with a lock out code is not difficult. I thought a soft ware company would be able to do this to keep from having unsatisfied potential customers. I pay license fees for some of the other Adobe products so I don't feel guilty about using their freeware.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 4, 2006 1:18 AM   in reply to (twiley)
    If you encounter problem in registering, you can log a bug about this at http://www.adobe.com/misc/bugreport.html

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2006 3:20 PM   in reply to (twiley)
    I had a similar problem on my home PC. A friend suggested to download "realtunnel" for a different issue. I was running VOIP over a wireless network, and it seemed to solve this issue also. But I can't be certain.

T Pearce
    www.it-shop-online.co.uk

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2006 2:26 AM   in reply to (twiley)
    I fill in the registration and get the message that the unlock code will arrive by e-mail. It never does. Now I'm locked out. Any ideas?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2006 10:44 PM   in reply to (twiley)
    Why doesn't someone just post the code in this forum

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 2, 2007 1:53 AM   in reply to (twiley)
    hi,
    plz help me to unlock the adobe photoshop album

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2007 10:58 AM   in reply to (twiley)
    I have Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.0 on two of my work computers. I have successfully asked for an unlock code DOZENS of times. I have yet to receive an email back. (I am the computer administrator).
    Now we cannot access photoshop and trying to register gets us the following error message:
    cannot find http://www.onlineregister.com/adobe/psa/3/reg/?LANG=EN&CTRY=US'

This is very frustrating. Please help.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2007 5:21 AM   in reply to (twiley)
    Having the same (Photoshop Starter Edition 3.0) i have encountered a similar problem:<br />I recently received the "Unlock Code" - and I do not know what to do with it  ;<(<br />When i click the Help menu and choose "Registration" nothing happens  ;<D<br />So it does not seem being a very useful Code.<br />I can only repeat what Marie Swanson just wrote a couple of days ago:<br /><br />This is very frustrating. Please help.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2007 1:21 PM   in reply to (twiley)
    Marie,
    The same thing happened to me. I think it's an issue with IE7 and the latest security patches.

While you see the link to http://www.onlineregister.com... in Album SE, type it exactly as it appears in a separate browser window--preferably Internet Explorer. Wait a while, and you should see your code there, in the browser window. Curiously, I don't see your first name as part of the URL you describe--it should be there. Also, if you got that far, you should have received an email.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2007 9:08 PM   in reply to (twiley)
    Hi All!
    Thanks you Brent DeGraaf!
    What Brent suggested worked for me.

Was getting the error message when registering, so I typed in the linked that was contained in the error message as Brent said.

Got my unlock code in an email.

Started Album SE, went to Help... Registration. On that page that one fills out there is a button on the lower left hand of the screen saying "I already have the unlock code". Pressed that.

Not sure why Martha Anderson was having problems. Could it be because the number of times (starting Album SE without registering) was exceeded? I was still within the number of times allotment, when I entered the unlock code.

Euge

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2007 12:24 AM   in reply to (twiley)
    i was having exactly the same problem (ie, not being able to unlock the program). i reported the bug on their website (http://www.adobe.com/misc/bugreport.html). a few minutes later i received my unlock code (which is probably unique each time). i entered the code, and was finally able to use the program.

interestingly enough, i had installed adobe reader 8.0 last week, and i suspect that triggered the problem. what a pain!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2007 11:05 AM   in reply to (twiley)
    unlock code is as follows 79f38d43

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2007 3:08 PM   in reply to (glenn_ewing)
    Glenn,

Please stop posting your code. This is not necessarily the solution for
    everyone.

Cheers
    Jim

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 17, 2007 5:28 PM   in reply to (twiley)
    Photoshop album Starter Edition 3 .0

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2007 9:32 AM   in reply to (twiley)
    did anyone get my message on my code problem? my key is not working

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2007 9:36 AM   in reply to (twiley)
    unlock code is not working everytime i click to unlock code my photoshop closes could someone please help me

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2007 10:57 AM   in reply to (Janda_Gragg)
    If you are in North America just contact Adobe CS at
    800-833-6687. If not, you'll need to contact them in your own country.

Cheers

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 29, 2008 7:54 PM   in reply to (twiley)
    Using Adobe Photo Album 2.0 came with Motorola Phone. Can download off phone and that is it. But when trying to up load photo, it takes me to a registration which will not let me do. Now I have lost numerous photo's. I want them back.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2008 4:49 AM   in reply to (B_Price)
    Hi BP,

When you say you "lost" the images, what do you mean? I'm sorry, I don't
    have a cell phone and don't intend to get one, but I do understand
    people use them with images... Just not sure what you are doing to lose
    them and would like to help.

Cheers

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 5, 2008 11:10 AM   in reply to (twiley)
    The Unlock Code for Photoshop Album Starter Edition that is being returned from the registration screen is apparently for version 3.2. If you are trying to register version 3.0, entering the unlock code won't work and the program closes (the same thing as when you hit register later).

The obvious solution is to go to the Adobe.com home page, go to Downloads, then look for Updates on the drop down list. Find the Photoshop Album, and choose the new version.

This worked without a hitch, and I even registered the new version with the unlock code number I already had (no need to wait for new e-mail). All the photos from the prior version were still there. No need to uninstall version 3.0, either, as the program does the deletion for you. You will have to restart the computer, though.

I am dumbfounded, of course, that no one at the customer support number for Adobe had the simple answer. It makes sense, in hindsight, to only have working registrations for the latest version of the program, but, at the time I was tearing my hair out, I didn't think to check if I had the latest version.

If anyone at Adobe is reading this: Good programs written by superior companies will notify their customers of updates to their programs. If there is no option to check the internet for updates embedded in the program set as the default, then you can expect to have frustrated users in the future as well. I suspect you already know this because everything else I see in the Adobe programs are well written and well supported. So why drop the ball on a small starter program that should only enhance your reputation? After this experience, my first choice photo program is Picassa, because it is backed by Google.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)