Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

ImageReady CS2 error: Could not fully open the application. Personalization information is invalid.

Dec 5, 2008 11:47 AM

Hello,

I am posting because Adobe is not offering tech support for CS2 and I cannot find this error for CS2 software, only CS.

I have been using CS2 for some time on the same machine (specs below, let me know if you need additional), and have had no problems. All of a sudden, I am getting the error: "Could not fully open the application. Personalization information is invalid." when opening ImageReady. Either jumping from Photoshop or opening from Applications.

I cannot reinstall, as I lost discs in a move, but it is valid software with valid serials, and registered, but no phone tech support! I would appreciate any help/advice/solutions greatly! Thanks.

Photoshop/ImageReady 9.0.2
Mac OSX 10.4.11
1.47 GHz PowerPC G4
1.25 GB SDRAM
Available Disc space: 24.91 GB
GeForce FX 5200

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 5, 2008 12:03 PM   in reply to (Holly_Storm)
    See if this works:

Look for a folder called "Adobe ImageReady CS2 Settings" in your Users/Library/Prefs. and pull a copy out and onto your Desktop (in case you need to rescue items from it later).

Then trash the contents of the original folder; empty the Trash; reboot and then see if Image Ready will launch.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2008 4:26 PM   in reply to (Holly_Storm)
    Seems that you will either just have to find that CD and re-install or Upgrade to CS4 and give-up on ImageReady.

:(

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2008 4:41 PM   in reply to (Holly_Storm)
    Holly,
    >I cannot reinstall, as I lost discs in a move, but it is valid software with valid serials, and registered, but no phone tech support!

Call Adobe customer service. See what options are available.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
  • Ramón G Castañeda
    11,247 posts
    Jul 27, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 5, 2008 6:10 PM   in reply to (Holly_Storm)
    Holly, you need Customer Service, not "tech support". Yours is an installation issue, therefore a Customer Service issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2008 6:31 PM   in reply to (Holly_Storm)
    Holly,

Exactly. Tell 'em (the short story) what happened to the discs. Ask what they can do for you.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2008 7:15 PM   in reply to (Holly_Storm)
    >I cannot reinstall, as I lost discs in a move<br /><br />This always blows my mind when I hear this. How can you be so careless You have just spent Hundreds of dollars on software and you "LOST" the disks?<br /><br />Next thing you are going to tell us "I didn't register my software because I don't believe in it."<br /><br /><sigh>

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)