Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Embed fonts in a Photoshop document?

Dec 16, 2008 8:44 AM

A friend has sent me a photoshop document to work on but i dont have all the fonts he does. Its a pain trying to find and download them all.

Is there a way of embedding fonts in a document so he could send me the file and I could edit the text?

I guess this isn't a photoshop question but if he sends me the fonts I need from his font folder in his library, should that work?

thanks a lot
James

Replies
  • Ramón G Castañeda
    11,247 posts
    Jul 27, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 16, 2008 9:09 AM   in reply to (jam_wood)
    >but if he sends me the fonts I need from his font folder in his library

That would be illegal, a direct breach of the EULA. You would need to buy the fonts yourself.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 16, 2008 9:12 AM   in reply to (jam_wood)
    In theory he could send you those fonts as long as you delete them after working on his job.

Edit:
    I write this because of all the Service Bureaus that you give your fonts to for output I realize that with submitting PDFs this becomes unnecessary.

As long as he uses the fonts only on that one job, especially if they were bought for that job does it matter who does the work?

they would need to be deleted after the work was completed, just like at a Service Bureau.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 16, 2008 9:12 AM   in reply to (jam_wood)
    jam,

The fonts could be converted to outlines or pixels. But then they would not be editable.
    >but if he sends me the fonts I need from his font folder

If the foundry licensing is written like Adobe's or that of many other foundries, it would not be a legal use of fonts (they are protected intellectual property like most other software).

Neil

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)