• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I embed fonts in PDF?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2009 Mar 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't figure out why I just spent the last half hour trying to find an answer to a seemingly very simple question. I have a Photoshop document with a couple of lines of text. Rather than having to mess with InDesign, I would rather just save as a PDF directly from Photoshop, since this method suppose to preserve the vector (fonts). Only problem, is that I see no where in the settings, an option to embed fonts.

Tutorials online show an "embed font" checkbox, that is not available on my end. Could someone please explain to me how to do this. I keep reading conflicting options on what to do. Some people say it's ok to rasterize a Photoshop document with fonts, as long as the resolution is 600 or higher. Some say to use Indesign for the text. I understand the need for Indesign, but if I only have a couple of lines of text, and if Photoshop is capable of handling vector fonts (supposedly when saved as PDF, and fonts are embedded)..i see no reason to use InDesign. I just need to figure out how to embed fonts.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merge all your pixel layers (leave your font layers intact)> File> Save As: Photoshop PDF

Be sure to uncheck General> Options: Preserve Ps Editing Capabilities (or your files will be monsters)

Open in Acrobat, Resave

Your fonts should have been preserved in the process (verify in Acrobat Command+D)

I like to select Type Layer> Layer> Type> Convert to Shape

That way the PDF doesn't have actual fonts to worry about and they are still vector

Of course, you keep your original master file in .psd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks g ballard for the two options. There is so much contradicting info on the internet. I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2009 Mar 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The document mentions about "embed font* checkbox is an old document talking about an older version of the photoshop. Regarding CS4, If the font allows font embedding, Photoshop always embed the fonts while saving text layer as PDF.

-Vinod
Photoshop Engineer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines