Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How do I resize an image in Photoshop CS2?

Aug 19, 2008 11:46 AM

Hi! I'm trying to resize an image in Photoshop Cs2 with OUT making it grainy or blurred. Please help!? I know there's some key you can hold down while dragging with the mouse but eh I forgot it! o_0 please help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 19, 2008 11:56 AM   in reply to (Turtle_Sensei)
    The shift key will constrain height-width proportions of the scaled image. There are no other magic keyboard tricks. If you are trying to scale the image to a larger state than the original, you will find 'grainy or blurred' effects. That is just how it works.

...Unless, of course, if you own the Photoshop CSI plugin...

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 19, 2008 1:12 PM   in reply to (Turtle_Sensei)
    eh...how were you doing it before?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 19, 2008 1:55 PM   in reply to (Turtle_Sensei)
    Okay. Well, they are two different things. But Transform doesn't mess with pixels any less than Image Size.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 22, 2008 8:36 AM   in reply to (Turtle_Sensei)
    I have CS2 & am trying to reduce our logo to put on the web. It's 287 pix high, but I only want it to be 54 px high. I don't get why the pixels are all messed up? I understand why it would be going higher.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 22, 2008 8:42 AM   in reply to (Turtle_Sensei)
    Jody...

If you have a vector version of the logo, the smartest thing is to resize it as vectors to the size you want, and then rasterize it.

Case in point:
    I was trying to make a 16px × 16px favicon for my blogspot site, and the only way I could get the details to appear nice and clean was to create the entire thing from shape layers, transform them all in one go to fit inside a 16px × 16px box I defined using guidelines, and THEN rasterize it using the Save For Web dialogue.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 22, 2008 9:03 AM   in reply to (Turtle_Sensei)
    Thanks, I'm a rookie so I haven't tried creating things from shape layers. I've made a few things using layers, but now when I try & make a layer, the round circle with a line comes up & won't let me. I must have set something wrong. Anyways, I messed around some more in the Save For Web dialogue & it worked!!! Thank you so much!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 22, 2008 9:13 AM   in reply to (Turtle_Sensei)
    >I have CS2 & am trying to reduce our logo to put on the web. It's 287 pix high, but I only want it to be 54 px high. I don't get why the pixels are all messed up

On face value, it seems that you are trying to scale an indexed color image (as if your original image is a GIF file). This is rarely pretty. Switch Image menu->Mode->RGB and then apply scaling to 54 pixels high.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)