• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert/export to flv

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2008 Nov 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm trying to make my captivate project smaller by exporting to flash and then save it as a flv file so it will be smaller. Is this at all possible? Do I need to know a bit about Flash before I can do this? (I have no idea how to use Flash at all) What about converting it to flash? I see that as an option when using the Adobe server, can I not do it any other time?

Help!!
TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 25, 2008 Nov 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
If you publish your project as a .FLV (flash video) it will be much larger than publishing it as a .SWF which is a compressed flash file.

The best option is to publish as a .SWF which will run in all browsers and LMS systems. This is done in the publish settings window within captivate, hit the publish button and choose Flash .SWF. Before this though, ake sure you have set the preferences to compress the file.

Click Preferences and make sure 'Advanced project compression' is selected as well as 'Compress full motion recording swf' also change the JPEG quality to something like 75%.

There is an option to export the whole project into Flash as well (File>Export>Flash CS3), however if you have no knowledge of how to use flash CS3 this will be confusing for you as it will import each interaction onto separate layers within flash CS3 itself. You would need a knowledge of the basics of flash CS3 for this option.

Webbo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2008 Nov 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
How do I export A captivate project into Flash 8, and then burn to a dvd to be viewed on a television?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources