Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Photo package - where are layout files? CS4

Dec 13, 2008 2:44 PM

Hi,
I found the download for the picture package etc missing from CS4, downloaded and installed it but when I try to use the picture package it says 'Cannot find layout files in Presets/Layouts'. Where are they and how do I put them in Presets/Layouts?
Thanks for any help you can give me. This is driving me nuts!
j.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 13, 2008 3:15 PM   in reply to jody1622
    Taken right from the Readme......

Plug-ins and Presets removed from Photoshop CS4
    Picture Package/Contact Sheet, PDF Presentation and Web Photo Gallery can
    now be found in
    Bridge CS4 in the Adobe Output Model (AOM). These plug-ins along with
    Extract, Pattern Maker,
    PhotomergeUI are not installed in Photoshop CS4. Further, the Textures and
    Layouts presets are
    also not installed.
    NOTE: Refer to the OptionalPluginsReadMe.pdf located on your Installer DVD
    for information on
    where to find these plug-ins and presets and how to manually install them
    into Photoshop CS4.

Check the Photoshop Goodies folder on the DVD

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2008 3:29 PM   in reply to jody1622
    When the time comes, whatever you do don't "delete" CS3. It has to be removed using the Add or Remove Programs applet in Control Panel.

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Mar 19, 2009 2:22 PM   in reply to jody1622
    I copied the layouts from CS3 which are in presets and placed them in CS4 presets but still get a message "Can not find any layout files in presets : layouts
    Any help

richard@marskebythesea.co.uk

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 1, 2009 1:12 PM   in reply to sootymann

I've the same problem.  Just downloaded the Photo Package and am looking for the layout files.  Am on the road and don't have a CD so need to find them on the internet.  Suggestions please...  Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 1, 2009 1:40 PM   in reply to hokiman

Read post number 1. That is where your answer is.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 1, 2009 3:18 PM   in reply to dec9

English is my mother tongue. and the way I read it, Post #1 does not address my problem.  Might someone have a link where I can download this from the net?  Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 1, 2009 3:55 PM   in reply to hokiman

hokiman wrote:

English is my mother tongue. and the way I read it, Post #1 does not address my problem.  Might someone have a link where I can download this from the net?  Thanks.

You are right it doesn't help but this does:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/404/kb404900.html

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 24, 2010 9:58 PM   in reply to jody1622

When you get the download from adobe, you should get a goodies folder, in it you will find your contactsheet and other plugins in the specify 32 or 64bit folder which is located in the the Optional plugins folder. Once you installed the preferred plugins DO NOT forget to go back to the the Presets folder, in it you should find the layout folder with its files for the Picture Package plugin. Now you want to copy this whole layout folder within the Presets folder and paste it into your presets directory inside your adobe photoshop program file. Hopefully this helps.

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2010 6:24 PM   in reply to jody1622

I have the same problem ... possibly I have taken it a bit further ...

I downloaded and installed the optional plugins.  I then edited and added a couple of layouts, but wondered why that was all I culd see (the ones that I had added) when I used the picture package.  C:\program files\ ...\presets\layouts showes a fair number of layouts that File>automate>picture package>layout does not show.  I created a number of layouts in CS3 and would prefer not having to re-enter all of them ... along with the ones that are there but PS can't see.  Just copying them from my CS3 presets\layout does no good.

ANY help on this would be appreciated.

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2010 5:54 PM   in reply to active doger bb

I made the jump from CS3 to CS5, so I'm not sure how much applies to CS4, and I don't know if this applies to Mac users, but here goes ...

When I made a number of layouts in CS3 the file extention (txt) was not included in the file name.  That is, there was no file extention.  CS5 is a bit finiky.  It needs to see the file extention.  Also, if you go into picture package and have 8 inches by 10 inches, you will only see 8X10 layouts.  You won't see 8.5" X 11".  You won't even see 10" X 8".  I had both of these problems ... felt sooo good when I figured it out.  Adobe said they would help me with it for $40.

I hope this helps someone.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2010 7:16 AM   in reply to jody1622

I am trying to load the plug in for CS5. I must be getting something right because I have got contact sheet to work.  However, when I go to automate, photo package I get cannot find layout files etc.  I have checked and copied the files to the correct locations but no luck!  Any ideas?  PS, I can open photo package in CS3, of course!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2010 4:19 PM   in reply to jody1622

If you have CS3 and CS5 this is what you can do.

Go to:

1. Computer or My Computer *depending on the version of your OS: XP, Vista, Windows 7 -
    2. C:\ drive
    3. Program Files
    4. Adobe
    5. Adobe Photoshop CS3 then repeat step 1 - 4 and open CS5
    6. Now you have two windows open
    7. Open Presets
    8. Copy Menu Customizations from CS3 and Paste it into the CS5 Preset Window
    9. Copy the folder called Layouts in CS3 and Paste it into the CS5 Preset Window

Now you will have Picture Package in CS5 and you Contact Sheets as well!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2010 6:26 PM   in reply to jody1622

Thank youfor ans

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 15, 2010 9:56 AM   in reply to 3DGrafixs

Brilliant - that worked!  Thanks.

|
    Mark as: