Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Quick Select runs out of ram in CS4

Dec 24, 2008 1:49 PM

I'm running Photoshop CS4 on Vista with 4G RAM. Even when working on a relatively small picture (34M/69M), I get an error when trying to use Quick Select. The message says "could not complete your request because there is not enough memory". I am not running any other applications and I am allowing Photoshop to use 80% of my RAM. I have a 700G scratch disk. What gives?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 15, 2009 9:40 PM   in reply to (Dan_Skott)
    FWIW, I can second your sense of being mystified by this behavior, which (at least for me) is new to CS4. I've got 4 GB of RAM (running on Vista), I've assigned a separate internal disk (with 200 GB of empty space) as a scratch disk, yet when I try to use the Quick Selection tool on not terribly large files (I'm looking at the bottom of my screen where it says Doc: 95.1M/261.9M) I consistently get the "could not complete your request because there is not enough memory" error when I use the Quick Select tool.

I've got CS4 set at the default 70% memory allocation, so that really should not be the problem? Adobe, are you out there listenting???

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 16, 2009 4:56 AM   in reply to (Dan_Skott)
    That Adobe TechNote should be referenced in the FAQs!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)