Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change ps file page background to transparent

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2008 Nov 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I'm converting html to ps, but it produces a solid white background color. how should I change the ps file so the page background will be transparent after converted to image?
TOPICS
Programming

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on how the application generating the PostScript job implements the white background.

If you could supply a sample file, I possibly could give you some hints .

Helge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Thank you for the reply.

The sample file can be retrieved on http://adbuilderdev.falconocp.com/companyname.ps

It has solid white background, and I need to change the background to transparent.

Thanks again for the help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 16, 2008 Dec 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
In the case of this sample file, the white background is generated by the statements (the comments beginning with a percent sign added by me):

b [1 1 1] sc % set red, green, and blue to maximum, i.e. white

b 0 0 800 47 re % define a rectangle that describes the area

b f % fill the rectangle with the defined color

Note that the instructions like "sc" etc. are defined in the prologue section of the file.

And the file looks like generated by (or by a descendant of) the xpdf suite from a PDF file. Therefore the possibility of an algorithmic solution for stuff like this seems rather unlikeky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines