Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Audio and waveforms missing in timeline

Feb 5, 2008 10:37 AM

I've been running CS3 on a dedicated machine for a while now with only harmless errors. This is a serious one: I opened up a project the other day to find the audio in my timeline gone. Not the clips themselves - they were there (and video is OK) - but they play silently and all the waveforms display zero signal. This is happening to my DV clips as well as mp3 audio from an iRiver. The original clips in my bin are all fine. What is very strange is that even though I worked on this project for several days before this error occurred, all autosaves from the lifetime of the project reproduce this problem.

I tried to copy and paste the troubled clips to a new sequence as well as a new project, to no avail. The error travels with them.

I am currently working with clips from the same NTSC-DV cassettes in other projects, error-free.

I know CS3 has been experiencing a lot of audio issues. Anyone met this one yet?

Thanks,
Ian

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 5, 2008 10:58 AM   in reply to (Ian_Ragsdale)
    Try going into the Media Cache folder for this particular project, and (with PPro closed) trash all the CFA and PEK files there. The next time you launch PPro, it'll rebuild all these files. It might take a few minutes depending on the amount of footage in your project, but this seems to often fix any odd audio issues. It's only happened to me once on a large project.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2008 11:19 AM   in reply to (Ian_Ragsdale)
    I had a similar problem , and tried deleting the Preview files, which worked for me.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2008 11:57 AM   in reply to (Ian_Ragsdale)

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2013 8:02 PM   in reply to (Ian_Ragsdale)

Have you find the resolution? I have exactly same issue. I work with CS6. it was fine until day before yesterday when I opened my project I work on for a while and audio from one movie is missing - exactly those parts I used for cuts. I tried many different options, even starrting completely new project - doesn't work. the audio is present in original.

Please, help.

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2013 10:16 PM   in reply to RevA05

Me too. Running 6.0.2, although slightly different than in the above posters case. Restarting PP usually encourges the audio to come back for a few minutes before disappearing again. It's doing my head. I think my problem is related to a wider issues as I'm also getting endless reconforms and tonnes of unusual little bugs when working on network material. I did intend to shift our facility to PP from FCP7 but the way this trial is going and the hours and hours we've sunk into chasing down the bugs it's not looking promising..

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2013 5:39 AM   in reply to PaulM-Aus

when working on network material

Pr has had problems with network editing, network user accounts and the like since forever.  Try moving one or more projects completely to a local drive.  You should see the number of problems shrink significantly.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)