Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Pro not loading after splash screen, can't find fix on forums.

Feb 2, 2009 2:12 PM

Fresh install, doesn't matter what I do to this machine, memcheck came out ok. I click on Premiere Pro CS3 icon loads splash screen, then kicks out an error code.

EventType : BEX P1 : P2 : 0.0.0.0 P3 : 00000000 P4 : unknown
P5 : 0.0.0.0 P6 : 00000000 P7 : 00000000 P8 : c0000409
P9 : 00000000

I have a fresh install of window XP home edition service pack 3, 3 gigs of ram, Ati x1200 on board memory, (also have a nvidia 8800gt that I thought was the problem...it's not.) Most up to date drivers. Running two sata hard drives both 250 western digitals.

system information

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESK
System Manufacturer MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD
System Model MS-7327
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 107 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~2494 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. V1.6, 2/28/2008
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"
User Name DESK\Auggie
Time Zone Central Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 3,072.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 1.28 GB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 3.85 GB

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 3, 2009 10:22 AM   in reply to (Auggie_Mueller)
    Auggie,

On the splash screen, there is a small line of what PP is loading. It goes by pretty quickly, but can you catch what the last item listed is, before it crashes? This *might* give a clue. Some .dll's and VST's can cause problems. Do you have a lot of Audio VST's, by any chance. Do you happen to have Native Instruments? Have you ever gotten PP to launch on this system, or is this a totally new install? Did you have the "trial" of PP CS3 ever installed on this machine? Just a couple of shots in the dark.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 3, 2009 11:26 AM   in reply to (Auggie_Mueller)
    Adobe recommends using their clean script before doing a reinstall.
    http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs3clean.html

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 3, 2009 11:38 AM   in reply to (Auggie_Mueller)
    Auggie,

The GUI going white makes me wonder about your video card. I did not see that listed in your otherwise complete system specs (thanks, BTW). Did I just miss that?

Raymond's comment on the Adobe Cleanscript was where I was headed, when I asked about the "trial." He's ahead of me.

His suggestion would be the first that I'd explore: uninstall, run Cleanscript, reinstall, try.

Next, I'd look to see if your vid-card mfgr has a newer driver. If you have Windows' updater set to auto, a hotfix, or similar can render a video (or others) driver obsolete. Not all THAT often, but it does happen. Same for firmware for burners, etc., though that is not something that you are experiencing.

You might also look in both Windows' Display, and any control console for your video card. The use of Hardware Acceleration can cause some issues. Check both places, not just the Windows Disply panel. What is your monitor's resolution set to?

Last, I assume that you have set full Administrator Rights for your log-in. If not, do that.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 3, 2009 4:04 PM   in reply to (Auggie_Mueller)
    After you have ruled out other possible issues, you might want to drop Hardware Accleration down, and try again. If this works, then increment it up a bit at a time, to see if it fails.

Which nVidia card do you have? It seems that some folk are having problems with certain nVidia cards/drivers in CS4.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2009 11:12 AM   in reply to (Auggie_Mueller)
    If you are changing CPU's, use outdated video drivers and not tell us what is needed, it is kind of hard to help you. For hints, look at the very large link at the top of the forums: "How to post a question..."

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2009 12:16 PM   in reply to (Auggie_Mueller)
    Sorry to hurt your feelings but you left out a number of relevant details, only in your last post did you mention updating your video drivers, you have tried an approach to troubleshoot that is like shooting from the hip and it may be worth to supply details that are needed to help you. If you don't help us, we can't help you and the result will be a lot of shots in the dark from the hip. Up to you what you want to make of this, sit down sulking or try another approach.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2009 1:35 AM   in reply to (Auggie_Mueller)
    Thanks for posting this info.

First of all, I have a strong feeling your power supply needs to be replaced. It only delivers 8,80V on the 12V rail. That is bad, very bad. Normal values would be between 11,8 and 12,2V depending on capacitor aging.

When you have exchanged the PSU and you still have the same problem, try if killing AppleMobileDeviceService, mDNSResponder and Dropbox will solve it.

If it still is not solved it may be time to reduce the number of DirectShow filters, first by completely removing Roxio. If it still gives a problem after that, post back on the results and we can look for further solutions.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2009 4:36 AM   in reply to (Auggie_Mueller)
    Auggie,

Did you notice how much more helpful it was to just post these screen shots and DXDIAG file? It makes it so much easier to troubleshoot and that is why the link is placed at the top of the forum. Can you imagine what would have happened if you had done that in the first place? We might have been at post #2 instead of #14.

Back to your power supply. The results on the 12V rail are really bad and likely cause serious problems with your system overall, not only PP. The results are way outside of ATX standards. Another thing I noticed is that you have a small 80 mm high speed fan in your case. If you want to lower the CPU temp a bit to improve stability and longevity you may have a look at adding a Scythe Slip Stream 1200 fan (120mm) to your case. It will lower the temperature significantly and costs only around 8.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2009 7:51 AM   in reply to (Auggie_Mueller)
    I've had the same problem. Only Premiere Pro CS3 refused to load after going half way thru the splash screen; all other CS3 components worked fine. I tried to uninstall and reinstall and got it so screwed up I couldn't uninstall. I did a reinstall but it still wouldn't load. Adobe tech support had no answer except that I should reformat the hard drive. In struggling with avoiding that, I found that if I created a new user name, that new user didn't have the problem.
    Go to Control Panel>User Accounts and select Create New User Account. I made a Flint2 account and the Windows treated me as if I had just been born. (more like resurrected :-)) It offered me a Tour of Windows and so forth.

In my case, I slowly became Flint2 and abandoned Flint as my user name. The downside is that I got a confusion of users with each having a My Documents folder and duplicated Adobe folders etc. But I can live with that as long as I don't have to reformat the drive.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2009 12:12 PM   in reply to (Auggie_Mueller)
    Are you cleaning the registry between installs?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2009 12:19 PM   in reply to (Auggie_Mueller)

Awesome work. I'm glad you got it sorted out.

Cheers
    Eddie

PremiereProPedia   ( RSS feed)
    - Over 300 frequently answered questions
    - Over 250 free tutorials
    - Maintained by editors like you
    Forum FAQ

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2009 3:23 PM   in reply to (Auggie_Mueller)
    >Itunes/quicktime

Ouch! On an edit machine? Not so good. Hell, I won't even install that on my playtime machine.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)