Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

"ProRes 422" codec

Nov 6, 2008 7:36 AM

"ProRes 422" codec

from what Premiere Pro version on does the ProRes 422 codec work on a Windows version?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 6, 2008 9:40 AM   in reply to (Angelo_Clematide)
    Not at all.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 6, 2008 11:39 AM   in reply to (Angelo_Clematide)
    Evidently a PC version of ProRes is coming out. Almost gauranteed to be problematic and unuseable cross platform. (Apples way !)

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2009 5:30 AM   in reply to (Angelo_Clematide)

Many months have transpired since this post... is there now a way for ProRes footage to be imported into Premiere CS4?

I hope so...

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2009 6:36 AM   in reply to danimations80

No. Why? If you want intermediates, use Cineform.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2009 7:02 AM   in reply to (Angelo_Clematide)

Actually Harm, I just installed the latest Quicktime for Windows... and directly after I was able to import a ProRes file straight into Prem. Pro CS4.

This was necessary for a project as I am collating material for a showreel and only have access to some filmmakers' final exported ProRes data.

End result achieved- I am now able to edit the ProRes footage, and export in a more suitable format.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2009 10:21 AM   in reply to danimations80

Thanks for reporting your success. If you don't mind, which actual version of QT Pro do you have? Looks like 7.6.2 is the current.

Also, do you have CS4.1? This could be important to PrPro users.

Appreciated,

Hunt

PS I just recommended against ProRez in another thread, and your answers may cause me to go and amend my reply.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 4, 2010 11:24 PM   in reply to danimations80

Were you happy with the look of the final output from the imported ProRes files?  Did you burn to DVD and/or Blueray? I'm working in Super-16 film right now and debating whether it's worth the extra cost to have the film scanned at HD quality into ProRes.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

thanks in advance,

sjk

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 4, 2010 11:29 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Mr. Hunt,

Are you still happy with the ProRes codec in the Premiere Pro environment?  It sounded like it began working properly for you after updating your quicktime.  Any news, bugs, changes of heart since your last post? I'm debating whether to commit to that as my film output file type.  

thanks,

sjk

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)