Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Export to Encore cs4

Nov 10, 2008 9:25 PM

Hi,

How to export to adobe encore cs4 from adobe premiere pro cs4 timeline?

There is no encore export option in the file>export.

Should I have to export to encore using File>Adobe Dynamic Link>Send To Encore?

Also I am getting an error while starting encore. It is "Adobe Encore.exe - Unable to Locate Component" as title of the dialog box and the message is "This application has failed to start because preminfo.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." and a OK button. After clicking the Ok button encore starts normally.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 10, 2008 10:46 PM   in reply to (sklm)
    >Should I have to export to encore using File>Adobe Dynamic Link>Send To Encore?

That's one way, probably the best way. Or you can export an intermediary through AME for import into Encore.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2008 8:58 AM   in reply to (sklm)
    The Help file will cover those details.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2008 9:09 AM   in reply to (sklm)

You will also find links to many free tutorials in the PremiereProPedia that will quickly show you how things are done in Premiere Pro.

Cheers
    Eddie

PremiereProPedia   ( RSS feed)
    - Over 300 frequently answered questions
    - Over 250 free tutorials
    - Maintained by editors like you
    Forum FAQ

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 25, 2008 12:40 AM   in reply to (sklm)
    Hello sklm,

You can export to Encore from within Premire Pro using

File>Adobe Dynamic Link>Send To Encore

Regards,
    elecabhinav

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2010 12:18 PM   in reply to (elecabhinav)

I share skim's frustration - and for those that say - go read the manuals - please check them before you say that!

The video (vid0257) pointed to by the cs4 encore help file does indeed show an export to encore option in premiere pro (though the speaker is obviously referring to cs3).  My cs4 PPro can dynamic data link to encore but not 'export to' - and there are no options similar to the video mentioned above OR the other turorial videos I've found so far.  (The 'new project' options - but without most of the options shown in the video.)

So please - when a newbie asks for help, don't send him the wrong place simply because you think Adobe should have covered it there.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2010 1:13 PM   in reply to CCRick

Go to the correct forum. This is CS5 only.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2010 1:38 PM   in reply to Harm Millaard

Looks like the MOD's took care of it.

Good luck to everyone,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2010 2:20 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Harm - thanks for pointing out that the original post was in the wrong forum.  (Thanks to the mods for fixing this.)

Though that was rather obvious, my intent was to encourage those that replied to check that their answers are valid before posting them.  Many replies (including in this post) might be helpful but alas are not as a result.

Perhaps you're saying that Adobe is doing much better in CS5 documentation and one can safely say 'RTFM.'  I hope so.  Much of the learning curve steepness is exacerbated by tutorials that aren't 'version clear' or help documents that have old (and now incorrect) information in them.

The forums are a wonderful tool to help - thanks to all.

Richard

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2010 4:17 PM   in reply to CCRick
    or help documents that have old (and now incorrect) information in them.

We are now blessed with an Adobe employee, who is the Master of Help. He's working to try and improve it. I will admit that having addenda instantly added is a big plus.

As for the tutorials, I try to point out any version conflict and make it clear to the OP that some interpolation will be required. Sometimes, they understand that, and can "read between the lines," but sometimes, they get so bogged down, when a button has moved over a few icons, or a name might have been changed, that they find them useless.

As for the sub-forum, where this originally resided, I feel certain that we'll find many more, that escaped getting moved, when the new CS5 sub-forum was created. When those "zombies" arise, I am sure that our tireless MOD's will jump on 'em quickly.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)