Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

best screen capture for using with premiere elements?

Oct 20, 2008 8:33 AM

i have been scouring the net to figure out how to get better results than what i'm getting with the camstudio (love the program, and it looks great until i pull it into premiere). I have read that it can be a codec issue or an fps issue, but before i follow those trails, i was wondering if there is a screen capture software that works well with premiere, without a lot of hassle. (not necessarily free, just reliable and hassle free with good quality in premiere elements) Anyone have experience with this?
thanks in advance!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 20, 2008 11:04 AM   in reply to (josie_celio)
    Camtasia is excellent.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 20, 2008 4:51 PM   in reply to (josie_celio)
    Well, we've used Camtasia and Adobe's Captivate to make tutorials for http://www.muvipix.com. They're both excellent, and I've never had a problem with either.

Chuck Engels is really the expert on both those program though. You can find him on the Muvipix forum daily.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2008 3:19 AM   in reply to (josie_celio)
    Have you checked in with Chuck Engels yet, Josie? As I said, he's very well versed with both programs.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2008 11:14 AM   in reply to (josie_celio)
    He's also a very nice guy (and a close personal friend).

I'm sure whatever you asked him he'd be glad to answer, no matter how elementary.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 11, 2013 4:54 PM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

Steve Grisetti wrote:

Well, we've used Camtasia and Adobe's Captivate to make tutorials for http://www.muvipix.com. They're both excellent, and I've never had a problem with either.

Chuck Engels is really the expert on both those program though. You can find him on the Muvipix forum daily.

Steve.

Would you please provide an update to the process of screen capture?  What does muvipix.com and lynda.com use?  I'm considering a project where my granddaughters create a couple of training videos for kids.  It's a dream, but might work!

Thanks.

Bill

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2013 5:22 AM   in reply to whsprague

Where did you find this thread, Bill? It's left over from 2008!

Though I'm still a big fan of Camtasia Studio from Tech Smith. We use it at both Muvipix and Lynda.

It's easy to record with. Easy to edit your recording. Easy to output. I can't say enough good things about it.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2013 6:02 AM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

I was googling for "screen capture software" and found the thread.  It is a nitch market and there is little discussion and few articles.

The reason is that a friend challenged my granddaughters and I to come up with something where kids could teach other kids basic video skills.  We ran into stumbling blocks last summer and may try again this summer. 

Thanks for the information.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)