Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can I copy one project into another ?

Nov 12, 2008 2:17 AM

I am using PE4 and would like to copy the video, audio, effects etc from one project into another.

Is this possible ?

Do I need to export the old project and import it into my new project ?

I have spent hours editing the old project and a hours editing the new one.

I would like to just copy and insert everything from the old project and add it to the new project.

Otherwise I have to spend hours looking at the properties and timings etc of each clip in the old project and manually repeat these in the new project.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 12, 2008 4:15 AM   in reply to (John_Lintern)
    You can not cut and paste between projects.

However, if you export a DV-AVI of your from one project, you can import it into another with virtually no loss of quality.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2008 5:00 AM   in reply to (John_Lintern)
    If you don't want to change your edits after inserting one project into another, then exporting an edited project as an AVI file and loading it into the other is the easiest way to do it. However, if you want to retain the ability to change the edits you have done after copying, then consider using Clipmate.

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bc366c0/8

I use it often. The two limitations that I am aware of are:
    1. The audio and video become unlinked.
    2. Transitions aren't copied.

The procedure is a little complicated because if you do a direct copy, the audio becomes silent after you save and re-load the project.

Another option is to use Premiere Pro. You can open more than one session in it and copy between sessions. (Note that the clipboard is still cleared on closing a project, as in Premiere Elements, but that is of no consequence.)

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 6:50 PM   in reply to (John_Lintern)

Is there a way to copy one project into another in PE11 and retain the transitions?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 7:49 PM   in reply to DrewF

The only way to do the Copy/Paste between Projects is to do so, with the use of a Clipboard Extender, like ClipMate.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 10:42 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)