Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

RAISE without a handler; WTF?!? REader 9, Mac

Jan 21, 2009 3:44 PM

Yikes! I've just finished weeks of work on my project, using Acrobat Pro 9, just tested it in Reader 9 (Mac), and it crashes on page 5 with this error:
There was a RAISE without a handler. The application will now exit.

The page that brings this up, and all similar pages that I've tested (several out of 50+), includes buttons, links, hidden fields, and a .swf file. All work perfectly in Acrobat, and earlier tests have worked fine in Reader, and when opened from online in Safari.

Now, on the eve of the project deadline (of course), I can't get any of my versions past this error, including the local files and an uploaded sample viewed in Safari (3.1.2).

I googled the error and find nothing recent except unresolved threads here, from 2007 and 08, that mention Pitstop; I don't have, and have NEVER had, Pitstop.

PRAYING somebody has some clue
Thanks!
dpc

MacPro, 10.5.4

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 7, 2010 2:42 AM   in reply to dpcoffin
    I find it just a little bizarre that you're praying for help when your subject includes WTF. Kind of critical language on a public forum don't u think. If you claim to be a praying person, then you obviously must not know wht WTF stands for. Sheesh

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 8, 2009 5:56 AM   in reply to dpcoffin

I have heard these called AutoSuggest or AutoComplete.  If you Google

it you'll find a few.built in Flex.  I understand they have varying

quality.

The www.flextras.com AutoCompleteComboBox will have one coming out

within the next two weeks.  We'll be giving an on-line demo of it this

Friday at  http://experts.na3.acrobat.com/flextras/ at 1pm EST (

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=13&min=0&sec =0&p1=98

)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)