Skip navigation
(Detlef_Pilzecker)
Currently Being Moderated

How open Adobe Reader 9 in second monitor by default?

Mar 3, 2009 6:00 AM

How can I make Adobe Reader 9.0 open always in my second monitor?

With version 8 it was at least possible to open the first document on the second monitor if I had moved the window in an previous session to that monitor and closed it there. The second and following documents always were opened in the first monitor (annoying!).

What I want is, that ALL documents always open in the second monitor. How can I manage this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 23, 2010 4:29 PM   in reply to (Detlef_Pilzecker)

I am also having this issue.

First PDF opens on second monitor. Second one I open will open on main laptop monitor and 3,4,5 etc the same.

Would like it to default full screen on second monitor for all PDF's.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2010 11:39 AM   in reply to (Detlef_Pilzecker)

I had the same issue, and here is the solution I found after testing and doing other web searches.

Open a PDF. Now, un-maximize the file. Move it over to the other monitor. Now, close the document WITHOUT maximizing it on the new monitor.

Now try opening a pdf. It should open on the new monitor. Maximize it, then close it again. Now, a new pdf will open on the new monitor, and it will be maximized upon opening.

So apparently the trick is to close it when it isn't maximized on whatever monitor you want it to open on. Adobe will remember whether a document was maximized or not and open another pdf in the same way, but it will only update the monitor to use when a document is closed while not maximized.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2010 8:53 PM   in reply to sayno2quat

Im afriad that doesn't really help when you are opening multiple pdf documents. The second pdf will revert to the other monitor....

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2013 7:10 AM   in reply to sayno2quat

It should be added that all pdf files must be closed initially that it works.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)