Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Unable to start print job.  Is printer available?

Apr 17, 2008 7:07 AM

Quick Fix in regards to the error 'Unable to start print job. Is printer available?':

Rather than un-install, etc..., all you need to do is change the Comments & Forms drop-down in the Print Dialog window FROM 'Documents & Markup' TO 'Document', and all of your printing woes are resolved. Enjoy and share with others!

Ben Martin
www.geekzrule.com

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 22, 2008 3:26 PM   in reply to (honusbam)
    Didn't work for me!!!!

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 26, 2009 9:14 AM   in reply to (Stanley_Margolis)

I had the same problem and just found my solution.

Seems that Reader 8 never fully installed or was corrupted during a Reader 9 upgrade and then would not recognize the printers I had configured.  I started the application Reader 8 and a pop-up message stated it was configurating settings then Reader 8 started normally.  After that printing started normally.

To get to Reder 9 I uninstalled Reader 8 via the uninstaller and then manually deleted everything else left.  I restarted the computer and then re-installed Reader 9.  I ran the Reader 9 application and then checked printing and everything worked perfectly.  This was very frustrating, but glad to find a solution that woked.

Bottom-line:  If you recently upgraded to 9.0 and 8.0 is still running, run reader 8 application and then uninstall via the uninstaller and manually describe here:

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb400769

Good luck.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)