I had the same problem and just found my solution.
Seems that Reader 8 never fully installed or was corrupted during a Reader 9 upgrade and then would not recognize the printers I had configured. I started the application Reader 8 and a pop-up message stated it was configurating settings then Reader 8 started normally. After that printing started normally.
To get to Reder 9 I uninstalled Reader 8 via the uninstaller and then manually deleted everything else left. I restarted the computer and then re-installed Reader 9. I ran the Reader 9 application and then checked printing and everything worked perfectly. This was very frustrating, but glad to find a solution that woked.
Bottom-line: If you recently upgraded to 9.0 and 8.0 is still running, run reader 8 application and then uninstall via the uninstaller and manually describe here: