• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to start print job. Is printer available?

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2008 Apr 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick Fix in regards to the error 'Unable to start print job. Is printer available?':

Rather than un-install, etc..., all you need to do is change the Comments & Forms drop-down in the Print Dialog window FROM 'Documents & Markup' TO 'Document', and all of your printing woes are resolved. Enjoy and share with others!

Ben Martin
www.geekzrule.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2008 Apr 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If my previous instructions were a little un-clear, I apologize. When you click print in Adobe, a window will pop-up. This is called the Print Dialog window. On this window, near the top-right of the window, is a section labeled 'Comments and Forms:' with a box that has a down arrow on it. Clicking this down arrow allows you to change the way that Adobe will handle printing. If you change the selected option in this box TO 'Document', then you will be able to print. So, change it to 'Document', and then click OK; your document should print fine.

This should be the only time you have to make this change, as Adobe will save this setting for future printing.

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi There,

Thanks for reporting the issue here.

Can you, help us with the exact steps of the issue and your machine setup.

Acrobat version, OS version, is the issue reproducible on all file(s) or only on a set of file(s).

These questions will help us identify the issue, and so we can help you to fix the same.

Regards,
Swapnil Srivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2008 Apr 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work for me!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2009 Apr 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and just found my solution.

Seems that Reader 8 never fully installed or was corrupted during a Reader 9 upgrade and then would not recognize the printers I had configured.  I started the application Reader 8 and a pop-up message stated it was configurating settings then Reader 8 started normally.  After that printing started normally.

To get to Reder 9 I uninstalled Reader 8 via the uninstaller and then manually deleted everything else left.  I restarted the computer and then re-installed Reader 9.  I ran the Reader 9 application and then checked printing and everything worked perfectly.  This was very frustrating, but glad to find a solution that woked.

Bottom-line:  If you recently upgraded to 9.0 and 8.0 is still running, run reader 8 application and then uninstall via the uninstaller and manually describe here:

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb400769

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didnt work for me either. The fastest & easiest way is Control Panel --> Program & Features --> Adobe Reader --> Repair 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines