Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Error-The directory originally specified in the selected output module

Jul 20, 2008 5:51 AM

I put together an animated text composition that I would like to add to the beginning of one of my premier projects. When trying to render I keep getting an error that the directory originally selected in the output module no longer exists. I tried windows media, animated gif, NTSC, custom, etc. and nothing works. What is wrong with this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 20, 2008 5:54 AM   in reply to (mrshades)
    This error means that the location you're trying to render the file to is no longer visible.

Click on the output file name in the Render Queue and specify a new target.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2008 6:06 AM   in reply to (mrshades)
    Did you actually click on the blue text to specify a new directory? Simply shifting around the naming options won't do anything if you don't point the output to a place where there is actually space to write it to...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2012 9:08 PM   in reply to (mrshades)

Hi, there.

I'm using After Effects CS5.5 on a college computer for class. I got this error message when I loaded a project from another computer, so decided to redo the whole thing over again on the computer I'm using now. I was almost through this new project and I wanted to see how it looked, but I got the same blasted error. I don't know anything about the output module or how to properly change it, so I'm afraid I'd make it worse by tampering. It's now overdue, so I beg somebody to reply ASAP.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2012 6:51 PM   in reply to Al Gato

_It happened to me and I decided as follows:

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2012 10:55 AM   in reply to Rogerio Pauletto

Rogerio, you are a lifesaver! I also found that unchecking the "render" checkbox next to any above works, too. Thanks for posting this. You saved me hours of frustration!

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2013 1:57 AM   in reply to Rogerio Pauletto

It worked for me. Thanks Rogerio was freaked for a second there.

K

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)