Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

encore cs4 and preminfo.dll error msg

Dec 27, 2008 5:15 AM

Hi,
when I launch encore cs4, during the loading appear an error message about preminfo.dll: "the application has failed to start because preminfo.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem".

when I choose ok on error advice, the encore start without problems.

anybody know how to fix the problem?

best regards and merry chritmas for all

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 27, 2008 2:30 PM   in reply to (s76x)
    http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c062078

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2009 11:59 AM   in reply to (lestra)

I too am getting this error on Startup.

"This application has failed to start because preminfo.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Reinstalling the CS4 Master Collection has NOT fixed the problem!

Once I click OK, Encore CS4  (4.0.0.258) appears to continue as normal...

... but it's frustrating to get errors of any kind.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Know of a fix (besides reFormating & reInstalling)?

.ps.

WTF is this link supposed to be - http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c062078

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2009 4:06 PM   in reply to sync2rhythm

When there are missing, or corrupted .dll's and other elements, a Repair Installation usually does correct these issues. That is basically what the error message is saying.

To do a Repair Installation, on inserts the installer DVD, and then, once it has initialized, you can choose the application(s) from the list in the suite. The installer will survey and if it finds an installation, of say Encore, will pop up another screen, allowing one to choose Uninstall (do not choose this one, at least not yet), and Repair Install. This is the one to choose, and then the installer will again survey the system, concentrating on that app and any common files. It will replace any missing ones, or corrupted ones.

I've only had to do it once, but for most of the CS2 Production Studio, with Encore. Seems that I had installed PrElements well after the Production Studio. PE broke almost everything in the suite, and a Repair Install took care of every program in the suite.

As for that link, it's probably from the old forum. All of those links are now dead with the new forum. Even Google, etc., will yield the old links, which are all dead. Someday, as the old fora are being reconstructed, maybe the Google 'bots will update with the new links. Has not happened yet, but we can only be patient and wait.

Stanley Jones has done a lot of work trying to find the new links to many of the old articles. I do not know how far along in that project, he is, but will say that Neil Wilkes and Jeff Bellune have done a good job of getting our FAQ's back up. Hear! Hear!

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 11, 2009 2:48 PM   in reply to (s76x)

Some plug-ins are not compatible with all Adobe programs. preminfo.dll error message appear if plug-in file (.prm) is installed in common plug-ins directory for all Adobe programs. I have resolved this issue by moving an incompatible with Adobe Encore plug-in file (.prm file) from "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS4\MediaCore" (This is a common plug-ins directory for all Adobe programs: APP, AAE, AE etc..) to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\" (Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 plug-ins directory). If there are many plug-ins (.prm files) in this directory "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS4\MediaCore" and you don't know wich plug-in file should be deleted or moved you can try by deleting or moving each .prm file to any other directory and launching Adobe Encore. By this way you can find incompatible plug-in file.

Good luck!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)