Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

No Devices were found. Please check the drive's connections and try again

Nov 13, 2007 6:11 AM

When I try to output I'm getting the following error message:

No Devices were found. Please check the drive's connections and try again.

I've looked through google search results, this forum, etc with no avail. The machine is a Windows XP Pro machine, 1GB RAM, P4 2.8Ghz.

I have no burner, so was trying to render it out as either a DVD Folder or DVD image, both yielding the same results. It sent it there from Premiere (file-->export).

I can understand it giving this error on a bad burner or something, but when going to disk, it's baffling me. Doesn't help that this is new software to me.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 13, 2007 6:54 AM   in reply to (Izzie_Herman)
    Use File > Build > Folder. If that does not work, provide more relevant details.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 13, 2007 12:53 PM   in reply to (Izzie_Herman)
    Are you certain you are not trying to build a DVD disc
    i from
    a DVD Folder or image?

Try Harm's suggestion please - and let us know?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 11, 2008 11:09 PM   in reply to (Izzie_Herman)
    I get the same error.
    Im on a RGS (remote graphic server). Not that that properly has something to do with it.
    I get this error when i want to create a dvd Image file and if i want to export to a folder.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2013 3:53 PM   in reply to (Izzie_Herman)

I've been getting the same darn message.  So instead of using Encore (with all of its cool tricks & add-ons), I get to creat the video and write the DVD in something stupid like ShowBiz DVD 2, or any of the other free programs.  I don't understand why Adobe will not help us with this error.  Granted I'm using an old version of the programs CS3.  But that should not make a difference.  Why will the other programs see both the internal and the external DVD burners but Adobe won't.  Seems pretty ridiculous for a program that costs so much to only have it not work.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2013 4:00 PM   in reply to Randune23

Sometimes they are the ones holding the drive's attention..

Are you getting this when you try to build to a folder or image, or just when you try to burn a disk?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 9:58 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

I create my menus, assign/link videos, and then go to build disk and it states "No drives were found".  I have blank media in both drives (external and internal DVD burners) and it will not allow me to burn the disk.  It use to work great.  I would click on burn disk and you had the option to test and try before you actually burn the disk in case there were any errors.  It is one of the 5 great products in the CS3 package.  Without it your really awesome video that you created using Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Audition looks like crud when you have to use an aftermarket DVD authoring program with their cookie cutter menus.

Randy

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 11:15 AM   in reply to Randune23

Close Encore. Remove the blank disks. Restart Encore. Does it see the drives now?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 7:08 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

Nope, it still doesn't recognize the drives.  The thing that is crazy is that all of the other DVD authoring programs I have (Any DVD converter, Windows Movie maker, and the other ones I have) see the drive and I can author a DVD through those programs quite easy.  But you don't have all of the cool features and customizations that you have in Encore in those free programs.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 7:20 AM   in reply to Randune23

My personal preference is to burn with imgBurn, so not getting Encore to burn is a non-issue.

I would test this workflow: instead of building to a disk (burn), build to a folder or image. Then use one of your other programs to burn the disk.

If that works, you have a workaround. And then you can explore the issue of Encore not seeing the drives further.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 7:29 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

Typically those other programs install services or background processes that interfere with En's ability to access or even see the drive. Turn off any background stuff that has anything to do with DVD or BD and it's likely En will gain drive access.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 8:55 AM   in reply to Randune23

Things and Software to AVOID when authoring/burning a disc... and, there may be other software that does the same drive hijacking

Start --> http://forums.adobe.com/thread/608660

#2 has WHY Explained http://forums.adobe.com/thread/607390

Plus http://forums.adobe.com/thread/562941

Create an ISO (Encore) or folder on your hard drive (Encore or Premiere Elements) and then use the FREE http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download to write files or folders or ISO to disc for DVD or BluRay (send the author a PayPal donation if you like his program)

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2013 5:27 PM   in reply to John T Smith

I did the "Build: DVD Folder" option and burned the DVD with the new ImgBurn software that you recommended.  It worked like a charm.  Thanks!

I would rather burn it in Encore but since I found a way around the whole OS in control of the drive and Adobe thinking it's unavailable, I'll just do it this way.

Thanks again...I hope in the new version Adobe doesn't allow the OS to run the show.

Randy

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2013 7:10 PM   in reply to Randune23

>hope in the new version Adobe doesn't allow the OS to run the show

Adobe writes application programs, not operating systems... so don't expect any Encore to be able to go around the OS (and, CS6 is the final Encore)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)