Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

"THE GAP...MUST HAVE A DURATION OF EITHER ZERO, OR AT LEAST 0.4 SECONDS.

Mar 14, 2008 4:23 PM

IN ENCORE CS3 - I get this "Problem" message when I check my project. It refers to "gaps" in my main timeline where all my video is set end to end. There are no visually perceivable gaps, and when I burn the disk, everything is fine. What does this message mean?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 14, 2008 8:13 PM   in reply to (JC_Weatherby)
    "At least 0.4 seconds" sounds as if it could have something to do with chapter points. (The DVD-Video specification requires chapter points to be a minimum of 0.4 seconds apart.) Could it be that you have chapter points at the end of one clip and the start of the one next to it?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2009 9:56 PM   in reply to (JC_Weatherby)
    I got this same message today in CS3 and all my clips were placed end to end as well. What Gives?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 10, 2009 6:10 AM   in reply to (JC_Weatherby)
    How about chapter points? (See post #1.)

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2010 12:10 AM   in reply to Ruud Blauw

I get the same "gap" error in Encore CS4 and chapter points are not that close. Other suggestions?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2010 11:43 AM   in reply to BurgundianWarrior

I always create a separate Timeline for each and all Assets. I do not gang them on a single Timeline. When one does this, there are often gaps in the Video, because the Audio is longer, maybe just an Audio unit, or two. Also, depending on the Audio file type, there can be Duration differences, just because of encoding schemes. Cannot recall the numbers for the blocks, but Neil Wilkes has offered that up in several replies to similar posts. One way around this is to make sure to have a bit of Black Video on the Timeline in PrPro, and let the Audio end maybe 1 - 2 secs. earlier. Note too, that if one is doing DD 5.1 SS AC3's, many players, especially higher-end ones, need 02 sec. to "lock onto" the AC3, so 02 sec. of silent Audio is a good idea, or the music might not be heard until a few sec. into it. Neil refers to this a "Black Audio," but it's really silence.

I just use Playlists to get the navigation that I require from the multiple Timelines.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2010 5:59 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Thanks for the clarification. Following one of your suggestions, I set up a playlist but it has the same flaw as manually linking the various timelines: when you try to back up to a previous chapter you can only back up as far as the beginning of the timeline you're viewing. I'm making a feature length (82 minutes) movie and my computer won't handle transcoding except in chunks of 20-30 minutes.(  I can see that my tools, including my computers, are really not up to the task  I'm trying to complete, dagnabit.)  Admittedly the movie will be the most horrible 1950s horror movie ever made, but I would like its horribileness to flow smoothly (forward and back). When the viewer is already into the next timeline before he realizes he's missed one of the jokes, I'd like him to be able to jump back to the previous chapter marker.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2010 8:28 PM   in reply to BurgundianWarrior

In what ever softwear you encoded your clip make shure you didnt leave and chapter point in it before saving the chunk..

I ran into the same problem using premire cs5 when I left and entry marker near the start then just saved it .. you can try editing in your time line using edit wth clean up the clip then just close it. go back to encore.. should be fine

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 28, 2013 10:54 AM   in reply to jim@mckeesca

Ok i had been burning DVDs without this issue.

Then i forgot to add the copyright and fbi warning so i put them at the end of the timeline and got the problem code here

after reading these posts i went and put a little gap between the new videos FBI and Copyright and no more issue

Hope this helps someone :-)

Soshman

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2014 7:37 PM   in reply to (JC_Weatherby)

This is happening because the audio clip is not the same size of the video clip, you can check by zooming in time-line. "Translated by google"

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)