Support for Volume and Chapter titles (VMG_VTS_ATRT)
My Sony jukebox has a Folder view, which shows all the DVD's Volume title, Comments, and Genre. To get the info on a disk, I have to:
It would REALLY be nice if Encore would collect the information, and add the ATRT sector.
Parental Control (VMGM_PTL_MAIT)
Same sequence to create as above.
I don't really NEED it, but it would be a good addition to the product, and the functionality (and probably the additional code) are a fit for adding both at the same time.
We should be able to utilize our multicore processors throughout the whole suite. With more graphic cards having multiple processors and streams, we should be able to use those assets when rendering and building a project in Encore. I know that Encore uses Adobe Media Encoder, and so many people have complained about its slowness. I would agree that if Adobe gave us options to speed up this process that should aleviate all woes when building a project to dvd/blu-ray.
May I suggest using another authoring tool besides Roxio for burning projects. This has been a sore spot when using the suite. Other programs that I use to burn dvd/blu-ray don't take more than 30 mins, even for blu-ray, but when burning a project on Encore, I have seen it tell me that it would take 55 days!!! I know that it has something to do with AME, but I can't tell my client that they can get their project in 2 months! That's just unacceptable.
So, let me summarize:
1. Multicore/GPU utilization in the entire suite
2. Increase AME rendering/processing of projects
3. Use another dvd/blu-ray authoring program besides Sonic Authorcore (Not Good IMO)
Thanks for reading my rant.
1. Dynamic Link on Premiere Projects
2. Multi-angle DVD
4. Seamless Playlists (when done from AVI)
5. Real FF and REW in preview with sound
6. Jacket support (JACKET_P Folder)
7. GPRM Programming
8. Slip tool on menu thumbnails to select poster frame
About normalization, what I do is use Dynamics Processing from Audition. You then record a one shot as a macro. Finally, you run a batch job using this macro. Quite efficient IMHO
With the first one crossed out aswe now have this in CS4....
2 - Multi-Angle = Yes, please.
3 - BOV = Yes, please
4 - Seamless playlists from AVI = impossible due to the non sequential play order. If the 2 titles are consecutive chapters in a timeline, then they ought to play seamlessly (but this would require GPRM/SPRM programming with Level 3 commands)
5 - How about I-Frame only software playback, as is done in Scenarist?
6 - Absolutely.
7 - Absolutely
8 - Don't we already have this in a way?
I would also like to add more extensive support for DTS audio in Blu Ray titles, along with the ability to REPLICATE Blu Ray projects as until these are done the Blu Ray creation is frankly fdor consumer use only and not even semi-pro, which is sad given the capabilities of the authorcore & Premiere Pro. DTS needs to be supported all the way up to 7.1 dtshd Master Audio.
Preview would be nice but if you own the DTS-HD Master Audio Encoder suite then you will also havbe the DTS-HD StreamPlayer which will proof for you
I would agree with you Neil, dts needs to be supported from begining to end. What if you wanted to edit something in PrPro, you cannot do it. CS4 is a good suite, but there needs to be some upgrades/changes, especially in the rendering area. Like the ability to tap into the GPUs from Ae, Pr, and En.
But, we will see in CS5 (maybe)
My two cents:
1. An easy way to build "auto-activate button highlights" which basically mean that you can do any any kinds of highlights without limitations. I'm under the impression that some other dvd-athorization programs can do this automatically. At the moment creating this in Encore requires a lot of work and planning.
2. Collect files, a similar feature to After Effects which collects all your assets and files required for a project in one single folder in order to make transferring your project to a different computer easy.
3. Fix the annoying black frame/flash that appears in flash websites created with Encore.
One more thing:
It would be nice to reverse the playback of a video in Encore. This way you wouldn't have to render two versions of the same video (one playing forwards and one playing backwards) to use it a animated transition between menus.
1) The ability to stop .cfa and . pek conforming files (stop exessiv cache files, it's crazy) and tool for erase files that aren't use in Encore project.
2) A way to update flash project without have to re encode all the project, better integration of nvidia gpu to encode h264 quickly.
4) The ability to change size for flash export, and a way to integrate others button during video play back (rewind, loading bar etc....like real dvd player)
3)Better Files organization for Encore project ( for exemple, if you delete your menu in encore even without save project you will loose your menu definitively....)
Europe, Middle East and Africa