Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

adobe premiere pro could not find any capable video play modules. Please update your display drivers and start again.

Apr 6, 2009 9:19 PM

this message keeps poping up and i dont know what to do i already updated the drivers but its dint work what do i do

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 6, 2009 9:24 PM   in reply to Spacedog100

Did Premiere ever open for you?  If so...roll back to a working driver.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2009 6:40 AM   in reply to Spacedog100

Welcome to the forums.

Please provide these details to help us help you.

Cheers
    Eddie

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2009 5:04 AM   in reply to Spacedog100

I have the exact same problem. I just purchased the premier pro cs4 about 2 weeks ago. Set it up and all was fine. Now that i am about to use it I just tried to open the program and I got the exact same message. Any ideas?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2009 5:14 AM   in reply to Jedi-1

See post #2.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2009 9:15 PM   in reply to Spacedog100

The only way that I could get it to work was to reset my computer to its original factory settings and start all over again. this then worked.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2009 6:16 AM   in reply to Spacedog100

Third time may be a charm.  See 2 above.  If you want informed help, give the specs asked for by Eddy and Harm.  Or do you just think folks here are mindreaders?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2009 6:17 AM   in reply to Spacedog100

If you have a good restore point on your computer dated before your initial install of premiere pro you could uninstall premiere pro, then perform a system restore to the good restore point and then reinstall premiere pro. That might help prevent having to start all over.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2009 5:06 PM   in reply to Spacedog100

I had this exact issue which was driving me crazy for about a week. I just bought a toshiba laptop with a 3650 radeon graphics card in it.

Here is what I did:

* turned off the admin control system security feature thing in windows

* uninstalled premiere and everything related to it

* turned off firewall/antivirus and deleted them from system startup in msconfig

* ran the update through the adobe site. the installer would then go farther, but still crash.

I still had the problem at this point.

I then actually deleted my firewall (comodo) and deleted the antivirus from the system (avast).

Premiere pro then started up.

Also with vista 64, zonealarm made my system horrible, thats why i used comodo.

I really hope this helps someone out there, this problem was horrible!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2009 11:29 AM   in reply to Spacedog100

I am having the same problem, just out of the blue. Earlier this week Premiere worked fine, today it stopped in start-up while loading windows media and displayed this message.

I did not change my video drivers, neither to an earlier version nor a newer version. I remember an update for AME got installed automatically, though.

After a restart of my computer PP worked, closed it and restarted PP. Got the above error. Now even after a restart of the computer PP gives me the error messages.

AE starts fine, by the way.

- Version is CS4 Production Premium

- Language is English

- Update 4.0.1 applied for PP.

- Project setting etc. are of no use. It happens before I can even start a project.

- OS XP-32bits

- SP-3 applied

- language Dutch

- Automatic updates disabled. Did some updating microsoft released latest updates. Removed the one for IE7 as it disturbed browsing (with firefox, which is very particular)

CPU = Q6600 2,63 GHz

4GB memory

Videocard = Gigabyte 9600 GTS silent pipe 3

Audio is realtekHD onboard of gigabyte motherboard

Used Harddrives are not nearly halfway full.

No other capture hardeware than a IEEE1394 onboard.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2009 11:43 AM   in reply to K. van der Lingen

If something works one day, but not the next, it's most likely that something has changed. Has your OS updated behind your back? Added any new software, or hardware? Your mission will be to find out what has changed, and either go back, or accommodate it.

First thing I'd look at would be video and audio hardware drivers. Especially with video, and even more especailly lately with nVidea drivers, the latestest might not be the best. There are plenty of threads here, and in the Encore fora, about many recent nVidia drivers messing things up. Seach will yield a lot reading.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2012 7:22 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

My solution works pretty good so far: TURN OFF KASPERSKY INTERNET SECURITY.

So, you guys just try to turn off your virus program... or... make your Video Module player driver trusted if you're an advance user.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2012 12:26 PM   in reply to dotuanviet1981

I thought anti-virus may be the answer, but not for me (Norton)

I have a one day old system (specs below) and after initial graphics card problems, PPro started once OK then this error message from then on unless "Run As Administrator" is used.

On my very first boot and several retrys, no DVI graphics, VGA only.  Installed CS6.  Everything including PPro started OK.

I messed with screen resolution to try to correct DVI problem with no luck so I put it back to original resolution.  Now "...no capable play module" error started.  This includes 'Prelude'.  Everything else OK.

Graphics card was up to date.  NVIDIA suggested uninstall drivers completely and reinstall for DVI problem.  THAT WORKED.  I have DVI but still have the PPRO/Prelude 'play module' error.  I also tried before and after updating the driver.

It alway errors while loading "ImporterQuickTime.prm".  Quicktime is installed, but every time I run Quicktime player it says:  "Please wait while Windows configures Quick Time".  Could that be the problem?

Intel i7-2600k (QuadCore)

Quadro4000 (2Gb)

16 GB

Win7-64

Intel Z77GA70K

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2012 3:25 PM   in reply to Steve221

Some reading about Quicktime errors http://forums.adobe.com/message/4545437

Also, unless you are specifically working with MOV files that require Quicktime, you do NOT need to have it installed on your Windows computer

I do not work with MOV files, I do not have QT installed, and my computer works wonderfully

As far as the "Run as Administrator" setting, I have both PPro and Encore set to ALWAYS use that setting, just to eliminate the "odd" Win7 permission problems that some have had... I modified the PPro and Encore icon startup parameters so I don't need to remember to right click and select the option

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2012 7:40 PM   in reply to John T Smith

When you say "...just to eliminate the "odd" Win7 permission problems.." do you mean this may be a WIN7-64 quirk and not a PPro/Nvidia issue?

Edit:  I just got this same error after starting and trying to load an old (CS4) Encore project. 

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)