Skip navigation
Ellen001
Currently Being Moderated

How do you install Lightroom 2 plugins?

Aug 2, 2012 1:47 PM

I have run across a number of interesting plugins for Lightroom but don't know how to install them.  Can anyone help with this?

Thanks!

Message title was edited by: Brett N

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 7, 2009 4:24 PM   in reply to Ellen001

The provider of the plugin usually provides that info on their website.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2009 4:46 PM   in reply to Ellen001

Ellen, check the top post out here for some other related advice:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1475991#1475991

I haven't tried any Lightroom plugins myself, though I have been curious.  Can anybody recommend any plugins they've used with Lightroom (I do not have Photoshop) that they've found particularly helpful and a good value?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2009 4:58 PM   in reply to Ellen001

While placing them into the Modules folder works, it means the Plugin is always there.

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2.3\Modules

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules

If you create a folder called Lightroom Plugins (anywhere e.g. in My Pictures or Pictures), you can then use the Plugin Manager (File Menu>Plugin Manager) to install and remove any plugin.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2011 10:49 AM   in reply to Ellen001

1. Lightroom 2 can work with export plug-ins regardless of where they’re located, but it’s easiest if you put them in one of the following folders:

•     Mac OS: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules
    •     Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Adobe\Lightroom\Modules
    •     Windows Vista: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Modules

To install a plug-in, simply drag it into one of those folders, and then launch Lightroom. Lightroom will automatically find the plug-in and make it available.

2. Use the Plug-In Manager to enable/disable plug-ins. Choose File > Plug-In Manager or click the Plug-in Manager button in the Export dialog box.
    3. To use an export plug-in, click the double-pointing arrow ( arrows.png ) at the far right of the Files On Disk button that straddles the top of the Export dialog box. Then, choose the plug-in from the list.

4. Some plug-ins have additional functionality that is available by choosing Plug-In Extras from the File, Library, or Help menu.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points