Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you install Lightroom 2 plugins?

Apr 07, 2009 Apr 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have run across a number of interesting plugins for Lightroom but don't know how to install them.  Can anyone help with this?

Thanks!

Message title was edited by: Brett N

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 12, 2011 Dec 12, 2011

1. Lightroom 2 can work with export plug-ins regardless of where they’re located, but it’s easiest if you put them in one of the following folders:

•     Mac OS: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules
•     Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Adobe\Lightroom\Modules
•     Windows Vista: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Modules

To install a plug-in, simply drag it into one of those folders, and then launch Lightroom. Lightroom will automatica

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The provider of the plugin usually provides that info on their website.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to this stuff and have just tried the ones listed in Adobe.  When I pick Plug-In Manager in Lightroom and then to to Plug-In Exchange, there are a number of plug-ins that just have "download" and then you unzip a file.  Where does this go and how do I teach Lightroom about it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ellen, check the top post out here for some other related advice:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1475991#1475991

I haven't tried any Lightroom plugins myself, though I have been curious.  Can anybody recommend any plugins they've used with Lightroom (I do not have Photoshop) that they've found particularly helpful and a good value?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While placing them into the Modules folder works, it means the Plugin is always there.

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2.3\Modules

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules

If you create a folder called Lightroom Plugins (anywhere e.g. in My Pictures or Pictures), you can then use the Plugin Manager (File Menu>Plugin Manager) to install and remove any plugin.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2011 Dec 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Lightroom 2 can work with export plug-ins regardless of where they’re located, but it’s easiest if you put them in one of the following folders:

•     Mac OS: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules
•     Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Adobe\Lightroom\Modules
•     Windows Vista: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Modules

To install a plug-in, simply drag it into one of those folders, and then launch Lightroom. Lightroom will automatically find the plug-in and make it available.

2. Use the Plug-In Manager to enable/disable plug-ins. Choose File > Plug-In Manager or click the Plug-in Manager button in the Export dialog box.
3. To use an export plug-in, click the double-pointing arrow ( arrows.png ) at the far right of the Files On Disk button that straddles the top of the Export dialog box. Then, choose the plug-in from the list.

4. Some plug-ins have additional functionality that is available by choosing Plug-In Extras from the File, Library, or Help menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see this path on my MacBook Pro: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules, because I have Adobe Lightroom Classic CC.  I am trying to place a new folder "Modules" in Adobe Lightroom Classic CC AMT and it does not work.

Is there something I'm doing wrong.  Please advise as soon possible.  For reference, I'm using MacOS Sierra v10.12.6.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You've got the wrong path for the folder.  It should be:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines